Sign in to follow this  
Mtn. Goat

A1: Vulcun

Okay, I'm having trouble on the mission Vulcan.

When we're in the base blowing up enemy helos, suddenly some BMPs come. We get asked to blow them up. Then later on we get asked to retreat to Saint Louis. It also says to radio USS Midway (I'm assuming you don't do it "manually" since it doesn't show you how to anyway... Plus when you go press 0 (Radio) the player just says Roger...).

Radioing USS Midway and going to Saint Louis to retreat is one objective itself. Okay, so I go to Saint Louis, but nothing happens - just a mission plan updated (and that just ticks an objective and crosses an objective).

Yes it could be that bug in OFP where the mission doesn't end, and you have to retry the mission - but I retried several times!

Also, when I was waiting at Saint Louis for quite some time, I saw some friendly soldiers coming to retreat there too - then I saw this mission error on the top-left corner of the screen. You know when you use the MED (Mission Editor), and you type some command that's not executed properly/correctly and an error shows up on the top-left corner? Yeah... that. Something to do with setdammage...

This is stupid - anyone encounter something like this or something?

Thanks guys. smile_o.gif

Chris smile_o.gif

I don't remember having encountered any errors with this mission. But concerning your issue with the radio, you need to open the map (default M) and an option to contact the USS Midway should be offered on a static radio item similar to the watch and compass. It is highly probable that a shortcut that you can access with the numeric keys (ex: 0-0-1) was shown in the subtitles when you were given the order to make contact with the aforementioned vessel.

Hmm... there was no subtitle that mentioned keys to contact the vessel...

When I press 0 it goes to that menu, and then I press 0 again for Radio and the player just says something like "Roger", or "Copy".

Also, it said to contact the vessel and retreat to Saint Louis. That was one objective. And if it had a tick on it, that would mean I did contact the vessel and retreated. While on the way escaping to Saint Louis, there was a radio message saying something like "HELP!" or something - did someone on my team contact USS Midway? Hmm...

I'll load the mission up later on and see if I can find a way to contact USS Midway. Thanks man.

I would still like help from anyone else as well. There's gotta be someone that's experienced the same as this.

Chris smile_o.gif

Haha! Done the mission! Thanks a lot Mathieu.Trudelle - that radio thing on the map worked. I went to that radio and clicked CALL AIR SUPPORT and I didn't hear a radio message from the player just then - but I knew it worked. Then I heard the friendly radio messages. Awesome.

Chris smile_o.gif