Sign in to follow this  
Curious

Bushes drop fps?

When Zoomed with rifles goes down from like 50 to 12 fps.. how do i fix this?

Uninstall Patch 1.08 .... I dunno they had it fixed in 1.07 and it seems to have returned in 1.08 again so I have no idea

Guest Ti0n3r

Why should not running 1.08 fix this? It's been there since 1.00, at least for me.

Turn down shadow, texture and/or shading quality to reduce the problem. Or overclock your GFX card (That did it for me, pretty much) wink_o.gif

If you turn your shaders down to low it will reduce this problem quite a lot.

you should have a look at this info:

Drop of FPS in vegetation is caused by overdaw, it means that grafic card is not able to draw so many pixels that scene needs. When GC draw scene, it automatically cut hiden pixels, BUT only if this pixels are not alphatransparent. Vegetation is builded from polygons with some opacity textures, so this cuting (early Z test on HW) not work here. There is no simple solution, better performance will be with low shading detail settings (simplified pixel shader), but overdraw is still there. Also using of worst LODs will not help so match, because less polygons means worst tree shape aproximation and final surface (what is most important for overdraw reduction) will be similar. We are still woring on some research in this area.

Source Link

I had this problem and fixed it by disabling my page file (you need at least 2 gigs of RAM)

you might wanna try this

@PROPER_VegetationReplacement

Quote[/b] ]This addon replaces all ArmA vegetation (trees and bushes) with the one from

CWC and Resistance.

Some people prefere more FPS or do have problems with ArmA vegetation

in general.