Sign in to follow this  
Kristian

BOS mod navy seals

We are making U.S. NAVY Seals, and we have gone so far so good, but we came into a problem, for now, US army has "abanded" ol' good BDU woodland uniforms, we seem not to find eny US navy seals used modern camo, we want to make em' as real as possible and thats why we are asking our help. help.gif

A. Moste special forces try to blend in with where they are, ei if SEALs are in an area with lots of normal US troops, they try to look them.

B. Old school SEALs would be cool, kinda like Ebud's just diffrent.

He's dead on. There really is no "official" camo pattern for SEALs. It's all about concealment. Each missions condition will dictate what will be worn. I'm sure someone will come along and say something different but I can assure this is one area that I know what I'm talking about. Finally, something I can chime in on.

Thanks Manzilla smile_o.gif . Does this mean I can use the BDU woodland uniforms? those are basically the only good reference pics I could find. thank you...

You won't get any complaining from me if you do but I can't say the same for others. There has been a few times in recent history where a SEAL team used em. I wish I could provide a picture for you to reference but that just isn't possible, at least from me.

making a simple retex for seals is extremely hard without the tools since seals dont wear any really distinctive stuff as for my opinion i would make the water suit seals and just leave it at that till the tools come out then you can make them well such has putting them in almost civillian clothes http://www.specialoperations.com/Navy/SEALs/desert%20seals.jpg

or even a long sleeved blue shirt (i saw a spec op arrive to a combat area like that on the history channel lol) just my thoughts on it

Whatever you choose to do you really can't go wrong. Manberries is absolutely right, there just isn't a distinctive/specific uniform for SEALs. Again, it's all about concealment. Whatever will achieve that best is worn.

Night skins are easy and black but for the desert I half based the desert camo seals by these images:

seal_security_ramadi_1.jpg

seal-12.jpg

On most pics in the desert they have that camo and that's why I chose it. But I guess they don't have anything special for the woods so I think we will go for the old stuff.

well more what i was saying is that just making a unit thats called seal but looks like every other unit in the game is kinda a waste of time ya know no offense but they will just end up spec ops with the name seal that is until tools arrive

Thanks USMC Needer... Great gallery.

@manberries

I rather give what I can to the community now than wait for something without a date.

Thanks USMC Needer... Great gallery.

@manberries

I rather give what I can to the community now than wait for something without a date.

good point but still annoying that we have yet the tools we need to make this game what it should be i would still like a diver suit version of them if you would be so kind to make them

this link from the gallery given by the guy above is a great example of the seals you could make and im glad they use the old camos cause acu sucks lol wouldnt be surprised to see them in marpat in the near future thou

Suuurrreee.... Don't believe me. It's not like I have any clue what I'm talking about.

rofl.gif Jeez I'm just too funny. Seriously though, that group picture is a great example. I'm really surprised this was such a cordial discussion regarding this topic. I've seen some pretty nasty new/old camo fights on the forums before. Aren't we a friendly bunch.

I'm looking forward to both of your SEAL packs.

Just make them in the most common. I've seen pictures of NSW in ACU, Woodland, DCU 3 color, and solid nomex jumpsuits.

That would make me happy. Make them all!

lmao i know what u mean ive seen some big fights over the dumbest things all well idk about you guys but the more seals uniforms we have the better :P so ill take whatever you put out

even though it's not based in realism, I always envision SEALs in tiger stripe style camo.

Just make them in the most common. I've seen pictures of NSW in ACU, Woodland, DCU 3 color, and solid nomex jumpsuits.

Hey,

That picture of the "navy seal" that died in rahmadi is fake. The picture of them with acu is a bunch of bogus. i asked my uncle "do you wear acu?" and he said "nah, we just wear woodland/desert bdu, olive drab, diving uniform/black" ... so yeah.

Hey,

That picture of the "navy seal" that died in rahmadi is fake. The picture of them with acu is a bunch of bogus. i asked my uncle "do you wear acu?" and he said "nah, we just wear woodland/desert bdu, olive drab, diving uniform/black" ... so yeah.

I will back that up. Wouldn't be caught dead in that trash, especially when "Army" is part of the acronym.

One small request. Could you addon makers quit the BS and put a little more "realism" into your work?!?!

Here's my suggestion:

1.)I'm sick of the mouse. I want to load em up and shoot my monitor.

2.) When a squad member/myself/enemy gets wounded I want blood to come squirting out of the monitor or myself for that matter.

3.) When I get into a vehicle I'd prefer to climb into it for real. C'mon.... I easily have enough room for a tank in my house.

Get your act together guys. Get this done for me..... Please

Quoted for truth.

This is what they typically would be seen wearing on missions today. You'd also see them wearing peshmerga hats, guttra, shamaghs, and various other garments to help them blend in/form alliances with, whoever the local population are.

Oh, and one must never forget dark sunglasses, ball caps, and BIG, chunky, dive watches.

Dive gear would be black, OD, and desert tan wet suits, or dry suits, with rebreathers. Once they hit the beach, they strip out of their dive gear.

During airborne HALO/HAHO jumps, teams will wear OD, and desert tan flight suits. Extra equipment, such as weapons and dive gear, is secured with paracord.

Back in the sixties and seventies, they would usually wear tiger-stripe, OD fatigues, and sometimes even bits and pieces of kit worn by allied nations. I've read many accounts of SEALs in 'Nam wearing blue jeans, "VC pajamas", and even open-toed sandals on operations.

Back when I was in the Navy, I would often see them walking about the ship wearing OD Nomex flight suits, "chocolate-chip" desert pattern, and khakis shorts/trousers with blue and yellow hooded sweat shirts and tees. This would be considered their garrison outfit.

I received quite a few briefings and training evolutions from SEALs dressed this way.

Basically, they wore/wear whatever is most functional/comfortable for the mission at hand. Besides, you've got be a VERY BIG man to tell an 800lb. gorilla what he can or can't wear when he's cutting throats, kicking in doors, and taking fire in some forgotten Third-World Hellhole. nener.gif

Seals STILL wear Bdu/ olive drab. Here - my uncle made this out of his photos/ some on the internet.

http://news.webshots.com/album/123589381JyFQly?start=0

No offence, but I think a couple of those photos are on the old side (10 years or more).

Maybe some are, i don't know because he did get some off the internet. Anyways, best of luck on the SEAL's, i attempted but failed do to "people". I hope to see them soon!

well too say seals never wear acu could be wrong i mean they wore dcu to blend in with regular army troops so they would now have to wear acu to again blend it so its possible they might or have but lets just all agree we dont want to see them in any acu