Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Gun ArmA

Well, there are already many arty scripts that should work also for a LRM119. With mando gun and mando missiles I try just to fill holes in ArmA, but arty seems to be well covered.

What i liked:

- carnage biggrin_o.gif

- BI vulcan acting as if it wasnt there at all

What i didn´t like:

- incompatible to 6th tracers (custom ammo class utilizing cent_tracers)

- after shooting the gunner in mando2 and getting in, the ammo was fully depleted although mando1 still had 193 bursts left (in the 1st demo mission that was)

Other than that it´s a very cool way to show people how their magical eye-in-the-sky tools would end up if ArmA would be more aimed at imbalanced realism.

- incompatible to 6th tracers (custom ammo class utilizing cent_tracers)

- after shooting the gunner in mando2 and getting in, the ammo was fully depleted although mando1 still had 193 bursts left (in the 1st demo mission that was)

- why incompatible? You may change the ammo class there (I mean inside the script) and remove the particle effects for tracers included in the script.

- Mando gun burst left is not related to ArmA ammo left, in fact you may attach several mando guns to a tree or a rock (which obviously dont have any ammo).

Right smile_o.gif It didnt really bug me either, im just against being all positive biggrin_o.gif

Arty is fairly well covered already in arma, but most of the solutions that I'm aware of that use actual trajectories tend to require an addon (so the projectile life isn't compromised). Meanwhile, script-only solutions tend to just createvehicle projectiles over a map click.

It would be nice to see a fully featured, script-only mando artillery which fires shells from a gun and uses multiple warhead types, while also working properly in MP, supporting both human and AI gunners as well as human FO's. *keeps dreaming*

I agree though that mando missiles and mando gun fill far larger holes.

Arty is fairly well covered already in arma, but most of the solutions that I'm aware of that use actual trajectories tend to require an addon (so the projectile life isn't compromised). Meanwhile, script-only solutions tend to just createvehicle projectiles over a map click.

It would be nice to see a fully featured, script-only mando artillery which fires shells from a gun and uses multiple warhead types, while also working properly in MP, supporting both human and AI gunners as well as human FO's. *keeps dreaming*

I agree though that mando missiles and mando gun fill far larger holes.

Now your talking Captain. Mando this would complete your quiver of goodies. There have been some nice attempts but with your creativity and savvy, you would complete me :-)

Well, might be I'll consider this after next releases of heli route, mando bombs, mando missiles and mando gun.

That would change how I play arma lol. Great idea!

I can just imagine Warfare without simple point and click and boom scripted explosions everywhere.