Sign in to follow this  
major_upset

Tanks to hold fire till

Hey guys, I'm back with a question, that's doubtlessly been asked a million times before.

Is there a code to stop tanks, troops, etc from firing untill their a set distance away from their target, say like 300 meters or whatever?

I'm sure I have read that you can do this, but I can't find the tread, and as always searching the forums as turned up nothing.

Cheers in advance.

Hey guys, I'm back with a question, that's doubtlessly been asked a million times before.

Yea I'm sure it was. But you did some effort in searching so half is forgiven. biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Use a setCombatMode command, like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname setCombatMode "red"

What the colors means:

blue - never fire

green - hold fire

white - hold fire, engage at will

yellow - open fire

red - open fire, engage at will

You can start these tanks with a waypoint to never fire, then create another waypoint to open fire at 300 ft away from their target.

I hope that kinda helped. huh.gif

You can start these tanks with a waypoint to never fire, then create another waypoint to open fire at 300 ft away from their target.

I hope that kinda helped. huh.gif

Thanks guys. That'll help with the tanks that I've got advancing, smile_o.gif now that just leaves the stationary ones, however I think I can get round that one by putting...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tank1 setCombatMode "red"; tank2 setCombatMode "red"

In a trigger that's fired by the attacking force. as they roll though. But I'm sure there's a code you could drop into a unit's init box though.  huh.gif

Anyway cheers guys.

But I'm sure there's a code you could drop into a unit's init box though.  huh.gif

But of course, the same code. wink_o.gif

But I'm sure there's a code you could drop into a unit's init box though.  huh.gif

But of course, the same code. wink_o.gif

No I mean some sort of  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname holdfiretill > 300; code wink_o.gif

No I mean some sort of  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname holdfiretill > 300;
code wink_o.gif

No, there's no such code. You can use setCombatMode with distance code in trigger's condition thou:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tank1 distance tank2 < 300

Quote[/b] ]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tank1 distance tank2 < 300

ok cool, thanks for the info. smile_o.gif

Curses! I've got a long way to go til I'm actually helpful. sad_o.gif

I'm still greatfull for the help.

Thanks. That makes my day!

Well, I might have actually been able to offer help, but I haven't scripted in a while. sad_o.gif