Sign in to follow this  
mac1

Campaign Mission Counterattack

Help!!

I have been stuck on the main counterattack campaign mission(i am patched to 1.08) for sometime (this is one of the long missions where u proceed to attack AA defenses, then you U get Cobra helo support then u proceed to secure to the DMZ zone over the bridge through the town killing tanks 2 or 3 tanks on the way).

The trouble I am having is that all my men have been killed but I have managed to kill (as far as i can tell) ALL the enemy and then proceeded to the DMZ zone at the bridge but the mission will NOT end.

I have swept the town several times and cant find any left over enemy (there just appears to be a M1A1 tank and some american tank crews wondering arround) . Still the mission won't end!!!

(1)Does anyone know how i end the mission?

(2)Does anyone have a walkthrough for this mission so i can see if i have gone wrong anywhere?

I might suggest restarting the mission, assuming you haven't already tried that. I'm uncertain as to what the end trigger actually is - whether it is when all enemies are dead within a certain radius of the DMZ (or a certain percentage of them are dead), or when you reach a certain point, or a combination of both. I'm uncertain because of the following...

The first time I played through I approached the city in a fairly direct path over the small hills and following the northern waterway from the bridge. I ended up being overwhelmed and my men started falling away before I was finally killed. I mention this part of the story for later reference.

I reloaded the checkpoint and took a different route into town, following the road and travelling east using the cover of the buildings along its south. The enemy was easier to keep tabs on, plus I was heading towards friendly armour (although they turned out to be useless for me). When I reached them, taking out enemy armour on the way, I only had to kill a couple of roaming enemy soldiers. Once I reached the bridge in the middle of town there were a few gunshots and the mission ended successfully.

Now back to my first attempt - I came across quite a few enemies who I never ended up killing the second time. Now its possible my allies in the field took them out, but it didn't seem likely from what I observed. So, my observations led me to believe the trigger isn't one asking for 100% enemy casualties, and due to the nature of my ending the second time it could have easily been either an enemy soldier's death OR my location that did it. Only a replay ot two will determine that.

longjocks thanks!

But I have now tried to restart the mission several times, and always seem to end up getting all my team killed but finishing up on the bridge with all the ememy (as far as i can tell dead) after a long fight.

But still the mission wont end!! this is frustrating!!

(1)can u tell me when u finsihed it did u have any team members left, and could it be that an end condition is to have more than just u finishing the mission alive?

(2)does any one know if there is a cheat so i can get onto the next mission!!?

i also just released that when i begin this mission i cant use the stryker amrored cars, and i can never get the first part of the mission "infiltrate behind enemy lines" to complete and tick itself. My first completed mission is always the second part...................does this first mission need to be comleteneed to be able to complete the the final part?

can u tell me when u finsihed it did u have any team members left, and could it be that an end condition is to have more than just u finishing the mission alive?

Yeah, I only lost one man, maybe two. It's easily possible that you need a greater number of your team to survive, but it's not a common trigger unless it's either mentioned in the briefing or more than one man is required for a later goal. It's not something I've seen any of ArmA's missions so far though.

As to the problem with the Stykers, I've not experienced this. I was able to get my men to board without a problem and the objective is marked as completed once they drop us off in the combat zone. However, this may be an objective that must be completed in order to have the mission end. It makes sense that to accomplish a mission you must first enter the combat zone. I'd say this is the key to your overall problem with this mission.

bizarre for some strange reason my men wont get into the stryer at beginning of mission and neither can i, when u stand close there is simply not the option to get in or when i do get in i can not take up the driver positions and the vehicles just sit and do nothing!!!!!!..

what patch version areu using?.....i think this means that the first part of the mission to insert into combat zone cant be completed or ticked cause my men have to walk to the AAA guns

has anyone else had this problem, and how did u get the stryers to move, did u have the option to get into the drivers seat and move the vehicle?

I am, like you, patched to 1.08.

You don't get to control the Stryker, you just get in as passengers of the third one and ride with the convoy to a position just south of the Shilkas.

If you select your men and hover your cursor over the Stryker, does the cursor change? Or do your men refuse the order? What options appear in the command menu under 'Mount'?

You may be in the unfortunate position of having to backup your campaign and reinstall the game to see what happens. There may be mission skip cheats about, but I'm not in the know as far as that goes.

somtimes it helps if u walk to the get in trikker by a car sefrel times then somtiemes the get in trikker wil appere and u can get in

I just approached rear of Stryker, got the seat icon, hit return and boarded my men. As far as mission end went I eventually got there when, still with 4 men standing, I noticed an enemy to the left of the bridge down near the road. Once I'd got him mission end came in middle of bridge.