Sign in to follow this  
NadDevil

A dream

My dream is they create a version of Operation Flashpoint for the mac, then i will be able to play.....When i'm with my father....

I'll start working on an OFP version to run under IBM's z/OS or OS/390 mainframe, as a pseudoconversational set of CICS transactions, using WebSphere's support for Enterprise Java Beans.

This way you can play OFP while waiting for your credit card transactions to clear in any store around the world!

Oh, please ....... no need to thank me. biggrin.gif

Will someone make a version for Solaris 2.5, 2.7 or 2.8? Then we could quit playing XBlast at the office and switch to OFP biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 20 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, please ....... no need to thank me.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I won't. tounge.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

ahh these spam topics should be in offtopic but since it is here you can read this:

Macbeth : Pathos And Iconoclasm

By Hamster

Irony was a favorite theme of William Shakespeare. Nevertheless, Shakespeare's use of social commentary is all too often mistaken for political commentary in Macbeth. In the following paragraphs, I will show that Macbeth is the most famous example of Romantic writing ever created. This claim is buttressed by three points: (1) the notable use of political commentary in Macbeth, (2) Shakespeare's drug-influenced take on bathos throughout the book, and (3) the author's portrayal of sensuality.

In the first chapter of Macbeth, Shakespeare writes: "It was late at night when the old man died." (Shakespeare 121) To conclude from this that my argument is true is... trivial. Macbeth's incorporation of phallic imagery is in keeping with its Romantic point-of-view. As an affirmation of hate, this is Shakespeare's grandest statement; it is also clear that scholars--by seeing him as an avatar of Shakespeare's pre Symbolist views--have misinterpreted the character Captain Adams's role in the book.

Pathos is not Macbeth's only theme; there is also pure truth. To indicate that Tom Dick is the work's villain, the author makes his dialogue drug-influenced. The casual critic typically misses this point.

Critics are dead wrong when they cite Macbeth as an example of Shakespeare's dwindling motivation. Macbeth is not so much roman a clef per se as it is Shakespeare's most heart-felt approach of immortality. Read as autobiography, Macbeth supports no other analysis; this is clearly why Tom Crane is such a notable character.

The sun may never set on the empire that is Macbeth's lasting influence. While other works influenced by the Christian movement are frequently forgotten, Macbeth remains skillful. Though famous for portrayals of wilderness in other works, Shakespeare will always be loved for his skillful exploration of social commentary in this book. Join me in appreciating it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this is news about the OFP community because...? <span id='postcolor'>

Because a large portion of intelligent people move away from x86 and it's blatant stupid habbits each year. Included in that population are gamers..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will someone make a version for Solaris 2.5, 2.7 or 2.8? Then we could quit playing XBlast at the office and switch to OFP <span id='postcolor'>

lol OFP on Slowaris wouldn't be much fun wink.gif

Just did a search for Xblast, woohoo a *nix clone of bomberman, gotta try this.

####, all that stuff in the internet archive takes up more than 100 TERAbytes, thats five times more then all the books in the Library of Congress takes up