Sign in to follow this  
TheHunterPDX

How to Change your Name?

I hope this doesn't sound too newbieish, but I have been searching the net and Arma forums for about an hour or so now. I have yet to find a guide on how to change your name in Arma. The game made the name I use as a computer admin as my profile name, and I haven't been able to change it without losing all my saves and settings. ANY help on this subject would be great. Also, I did use the search function before posting, I just didn't find anything.

Thanks

When u start up arma there is a little icon of a soldier top left (where it says single player,mutliplayer,options etc)!

Click on that,then you can edit,create new profiles etc! smile_o.gif

What the above poster neglected to tell you is that you can't change the name of the original account, AFAIK, so you will have to create a new profile for multiplayer.

What the above poster neglected to tell you is that you can't change the name of the original account, AFAIK, so you will have to create a new profile for multiplayer.

Yepp - you are right mate!

Never had to do or try. smile_o.gif

But just did and you cant edit the default!

If you have previous settings (e.g. keyboard assignments) that you'd like to copy to your new profile, search for a file with a name like this [username].ArmAProfile (e.g. TheHunter.ArmAProfile).

Most likely it'll be in your My Documents\ArmA or MyDocuments\ArmA Other Profiles folder, but you can just search for the extension (.ArmAProfile).

Copy (and rename) that over the new profile that was created for the new player, and you will have all your previous settings.

If you have previous settings (e.g. keyboard assignments) that you'd like to copy to your new profile, search for a file with a name like this [username].ArmAProfile (e.g. TheHunter.ArmAProfile).

Most likely it'll be in your My Documents\ArmA or MyDocuments\ArmA Other Profiles folder, but you can just search for the extension (.ArmAProfile).

Copy (and rename) that over the new profile that was created for the new player, and you will have all your previous settings.

thank you Kronzky! I was  banghead.gif because i couldnt edit my original profile, but now i can make new one without spending valuable arma time to bind all the keys again!!

but still I dont want to have your children like someone in other topic  rofl.gif

McLee

You can also rename a whole profile, if you have to...

First find its folder (again, as mentioned, it will most likely be in your My Documents\ArmA or MyDocuments\ArmA Other Profiles folder), then rename the folder itself, and then the yourusername.ArmAProfile file inside it, and you're all set...