Sign in to follow this  
afforever

New NVIDIA drivers

Hi Guys, downloaded couple of hours agon a new drivers from NVIDIA for my 8800 gts 320 MB

After 2.5 hours of testing it in Evolution i found this on my system

- not a single crash smile_o.gif

- improvements in fog (able to see ground from chopper at 600 m) smile_o.gif

- running everything on very high, except antialiasing, anisotropic and texture (1680*1050), not a single lag near bushes smile_o.gif

Thank you NVIDIA, i love you yay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

forgot to say, version 162.18 WHQL for XP

It increased my fps by 3-5, although I didn't notice any improvement to the fog. Then again, I never paid any attention to it before I downloaded the drivers.

Much worse than previous drivers on my 7900gt. Still the same old artifacts but now 10x of them. Texture stretching has been a problem since 1999 and they still can't figure it out?

I'm so fucking sick of having to buy a new graphics card every year, I wish hardware/software would either get their shit together or stop charging 400 bucks for their disposable cards., it's getting old.

Much worse than previous drivers on my 7900gt. Still the same old artifacts but now 10x of them. Texture stretching has been a problem since 1999 and they still can't figure it out?

I'm so fucking sick of having to buy a new graphics card every year, I wish hardware/software would either get their shit together or stop charging 400 bucks for their disposable cards., it's getting old.

you must not forget that these drivers are for 8 series only...

It improved performance on my 8800 gts by about 10%.  In towns I still drop down to around 25FPS but out of town or flying I run 35-70 FPS at 1920x1200.

Ive tested every setting from disabled to very high and I get my best benchmark results with everything on Very High with the acception of objects detail on very low and postprocess effects on low.

All the settings don't really have much of a performance effect on my machine other then objects detail.  

The game actually works better for me with the above settings then having everything on low/disabled.

No this driver 162.18, says it supports fx5100 all the way to the 8800.

Well i updated my driver on my gf 6200 and see a nice improvement. yay.gif

Well i played for a few hours now. I get a few more fps, but the most notable improvement for me is i can see stuff much better alot farther away. Nothing in the way of funky graphics.