Sign in to follow this  

Dumb name change idea but a good one!

Why didint bis name Armed Assult Americans Army 2

I know its not Americans army but VBS1 & VBS2 is used by the guard and other services. it Wouldnt it hurt thares sales of vbs2 if it was named that then aussie would not by it?

or would the U.S. Army not like it? or bis not go for a soly us based name game. or would the army want to make it free for the public?

But dam wouda sold a hella alot more copys

Americans army

Developer: U.S. Army

Publisher:  U.S. Army  

Oh well a little to late i guess Shoots self  banghead.gif

Or maby hum Expanten pack name hehe

VBS = combat simulator for Army

Amercia's Army = recruiting game to get some ppl for Army

And I'm pretty sure that America's Army got copyright for its name.

Why didint bis name Armed Assult Americans Army 2

I know its not Americans army but VBS1 & VBS2 is used by the guard and other services. it Wouldnt it hurt thares sales of vbs2 if it was named that then aussie would not by it?

or would the U.S. Army not like it? or bis not go for a soly us based name game. or would the army want to make it free for the public?

But dam wouda sold a hella alot more copys

Americans army

Developer: U.S. Army

Publisher: U.S. Army

Oh well a little to late i guess Shoots self banghead.gif

Or maby hum Expanten pack name hehe

Because the world isn't: "Outside America, there be dragons", like most would believe, but there are actually hundreds of other countries out there and billions more people, who might also be interested in playing computer games.

Guest Ti0n3r

Indeed. And it's not like the game is focused just on the US side.

told u it was a dumb idea but it would ahve sold more copys lol

told u it was a dumb idea but it would ahve sold more copys lol

No it wouldnt, nowadays anyone outside the US just thinks, aaaah jezus, another game based on the US army, naming a game that way just adds to the feeling.

And AFAIK OFP never sold as much copies in the US as it did in the rest of the world, just check where everyone here on this forum comes from, there are suprisingly much europeans compared to other games.

I quite like the fact it is not america anything. If anything they should have called something like Armed Modders or something. Laugh. This game has an active mod community producing tons of content for a game that is still in its infancy. Quite a feat really plus with the age of OpFlash there is still a huge community that has no real central online play. To get games going it's not that easy unless you know people. Where as games where there are a ton of people around have somewhat less people creating content.

but as i go blah blah, I'm happy with the name as it means nothing to me. The game itself is the real name..