Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

What do you think of the mm1

It is a good weapon i think. I like it better then the ruskies grenade launcher. Altough the first grenade always seems to miss, i am pretty good with it. Too bad there are only 12 grenades in 'm. Well, what do you think of this weapon.

Without any decent way to aim the launcher, it's just "fire and pray".

It's cool in MP games when you need to clear a town of enemies, but the opportunities to use it are few and far between, considering you can't carry any other weapons. That means that if such a situation arises and if there is an MM-1 in the weapon crate, you could potentially use it to your advantage, assuming you can survive huffing it on foot to wherever you need to go without being seen or shot, since you can't engage at long range with it.

It's a cool gun, just not practical given that I can carry a LAW launcher with three rounds in addition to my M-16 with 3 magazines.

Its great in very special situations but for general use forget it. I am surprised by how accurate it is possible to become with a little practise though. It can be deadly if the right moment does arise.

I like using is as a mortar I usualy get them with the first shot. It a good weapon for doing jeeps in with.

It's useful for shooting in big groups. If you're lucky it'll kill everyone in the group.

I would use it more if it was possible to carry it together with a riffle, like LAW and M16. Kinda sucks with just the MM-1, you run out of ammo to fast(atleast I do).

This brought up memories of using the MM1 in DF Land Warrior MP dense town maps hosted by Novalogic. I would just lob them over to the other side of town or into main thoroughfares. When empty, I'd just step 2 meters over to the armory for a refill.

Ouch! D-a-m-n snipers on the hills!

I like it for the fact that it´s an area weapon, capable of making mince meat out of camping clowns mad.gif, snipers smile.gif and other people that are to lazy to move biggrin.gif. It´s also good for solving situations where the "frontlines" became static, a.e. 2 teams fight each other from stationary covered positions after they made contact somewhere.

Not much further skill needed to use it, once you get the drift for estimating range and according weapon elevation.

But i found the M16 /M203 Combo is more than sufficent for the job- most important you have 5.56mm as primary and the GL is just secondary, for these special situations where you want to affect a larger area, or fire from behind cover into the enemys cover, either forcing him out to expose himself, or killing him instantly in his hideout.

its not that hard to aim with. once you got the distance down pat, your set because all you have to do is aim it vertically and because its a nade it has a bigger damage radius

I actually haven't used it (?confused.gif) I don't know why, I just have my set of preferred guns for different situations and usually stick to them. I really must check it out..

Regards,

I don't think it should be in the game, since when has any army issued the MM-1 as a front line weapon, let alone back in '85...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 22 2002,07:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think it should be in the game, since when has any army issued the MM-1 as a front line weapon, let alone back in '85...<span id='postcolor'>

I still think it is a great weapon. I use it a lot in multiplayer to tease my little brother. When he is hiding somewhere i just fire away, and most of the time he comes out of hiding and gets a grenade in his face biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gifwow.gif

Sure, it might be a fun weapon to use, but then so would a Phaser or maybe the M41A pulse rifle, but both would look a little silly in OFP... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 22 2002,08:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure, it might be a fun weapon to use, but then so would a Phaser or maybe the M41A pulse rifle, but both would look a little silly in OFP... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I want the Stormtrooper rifle in OFP, and some thermal detonators. And, of course, a bowcaster.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 22 2002,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">smile.gif How about the BFG from Doom?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that would be cool. But instead of the BFG9000 from DOOM, i want the BFG10K from Quake II biggrin.gif

Its awsome in the right situations. But I cant think really think of any time it cant be replaced with an M-203 or two and some ammo crates.

Bart used it to destroy Priniciple Skinner's car.

I wish someone make cutscene re-enacting that specific scene tounge.gif