Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Smoke Effects: Collapsing buildings

Got them to work yesterday, and I have to say, great! Even though my PC struggles a bit with those heavy smoke effects. biggrin_o.gif

Got them to work yesterday, and I have to say, great! Even though my PC struggles a bit with those heavy smoke effects. biggrin_o.gif

I agree that it can bring the performance down a bit.

Would be great for everyone if it was made with intensity options so that users without quad 4's and 8800GTX's could select an appropriate level of smoke, dust, brick and whatever else you chuck in your next awesome release.

looks real nice, though I think the dust should settle down instead of fly up at the end.

looks real nice, though I think the dust should settle down instead of fly up at the end.

Done smile_o.gif also the smoke is dust-grey and has a higher alpha value for longer, meaning it's harder to see through for longer, as per RL wink_o.gif

just to clarrify. If I drop this into my mod addon folder these effects are added to all missions, or just ones created with script calls to this mod?

No scripts needed, it works with any building by default wink_o.gif

This really is a great addition to the game. Funnily enough exactly what I was looking for acouple of days ago.

just to clarrify. If I drop this into my mod addon folder these effects are added to all missions, or just ones created with script calls to this mod?

Yes. Although, if you want to see new grenade effects as well then you should get the addon from the link in the grenade effects thread. That has both buildings and grenades in it. The effects will be seen in all missions.