Sign in to follow this  
McArcher

Joining game process error

Very strange problem...

when i select a slot and press button that i'm ready, and the game is already running, i'm beginning "to connect"... first, game "loads" (unpacks pbos etc.), then progressbar "downloading..." is shown and it is moving to 100%. After it is full (all green), the background of the menu "resets" and I hear sounds from the game on server... but the menu shows the progressbar with 0% (or for example about a half on other server, or any other value) now and the i see icon of green spinning radar at the right part of the progressbar... i can wait 1-2-3-5-10-20 minutes, but it isn't moving.... progressbar freezes....

I tried to play "from the beginning" (to start with everybody), and everything was ok, but when i eneter server that is already running a map, downloading bar "freezes at 0% after being 100%"...

I tried to switch on/off XP's firewall, ArmA is in firewall's exceptions... I don't know what to do else........

please help.

P.S. game version is 1.08 (but the same was in 1.01 and others also sad_o.gif ), my internet connection is 4000 kbit/s with real external IP (ports forwarded, so i'm seen on Internet)

some servers/missions don't have this problem, and i join successfully...

I have no solution to this. It happens to me too. Seems to always happen when there is more than 10 or so more people populating the server. Loading takes forever.

i have understood one thing... on servers that are near me (in my country for example) this happens not so often... maybe this depend on some connecting features of ArmA ? or is it network related thing?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

So many of us are testing ArmA servers from home connections with wimpy upload speeds.

Example, my home upload is 512, yet my server is over 9000.