Sign in to follow this  
Panda-PL-

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3Wilson Combat

@mods: sorry, could someone edit the title please? Should be "Wilson Combat" or sth. Thanks.

shot

shot

shot

1.4k.faces made in Wings3D.

Download:

LINK

EDIT1. fixed and reuploaded.

EDIT2. updated once more: now there's a soldier under Blue force: M1911_people. smile_o.gif

The config is complete.

Thanks to Ghost644 for help with config.

<span style='font-size:4pt;line-height:100%'>note: I relese it so you guys won't have to DL the whole mod. Despite the PBO and weapon name this is not a part of the mod yet and I release it without any connection. The name is there because it might become a part of the mod and so i want he texture paths to be right.</span>

wow_o.gif Hi Panda. Look very nice, good work...

(wieki całe ...)

Is there a unit that's using it or do we have to add it ourselves?

I'm a config noob. I can't create a new unit class, I tried, but it just didn't appear.  icon_rolleyes.gif As I said I would appriciate if someone could config bullet, magazine etc.

Yes, you have to add it "manually". The name is six_weap_WilsonCombat.

If anyone downloaded the file before I re-uploaded and got an error message ingame - it is fixed now, sorry.

For some reason I can't get it to game. I tried using both <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon six_weap_WilsonCombat and (for an ammobox) <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweaponcargo six_weap_WilsonCombat

Ok, try these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "six_weap_WilsonCombat" and (for an ammobox) (IIRC) <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweaponcargo ["six_weap_WilsonCombat",1]

Ah, forgot about those thingys, thanks smile_o.gif I'm no expert but I'll try to look at the configs when I have time. But it sure is nice looking piece of 1911.

Meh, too complex nowadays. Maybe SLX or whoever did the great Desert Eagle addon could help you?

Very nice addon. I was able to get it to work in game and define the magazines. I sent you a pm.

Thanks smile_o.gif.

I talked to Skaven and the updated version will be a part of RACS 4. smile_o.gif I don't mind an update trougth, I have updated normal map.

I still haven't got the PM. Maybe give it few minutes?

Did you get my email? What do you think?

Did you get my email? What do you think?

Yes, I have reworked the thing to work without Vilas mod, not everyone has it afterall... And I did fit the config in one PBO.

I skipped on the test mission... I mean shooting at civilians crazy_o.gif .

Updated the link in first post. Thanks for help. smile_o.gif

Looks and feels great! Now if we could only find some better pictures and the real gun sound. But as it is it is great! Good job.

I'm a major fan of the 1911, and .45ACP cartridge, so I really LOVE this addon, but that said, it hits a little hard. One-shot kills to center mass, and the head are normal/possible/likely for this round, but I'm seeing instantaneous one-shot kills in hits to the wrists and ankles.

Yes, I'd expect that a person could bleed out and die if you shot them in the lower leg with a .45 ( JHP or FMJ ) but, I think it would at least take several minutes.... wink_o.gif

Anyway, great addon, and a great update. I'm looking forward to seeing more, perhaps some really high-end .45's, such as the Wilson Tactical Elite, and the CQB. It would also be cool to see them equipped with tactical lights, laser sights, and suppressors. Everything I've read about Tier 1 units, and dynamic entry/active shooter situations states that the .45 long slide is the weapon of choice for taking down tangos in CQB scenarios.

When the best of the best of the best have to enter and clear a room full of badguys, they usually do so with a .45 spittin' big chunks of high-speed lead.

I was just thinking, should add what version the addon is in the readme

Yeah, It is an overkill, should be 2-rounds to body center. I took the value by increasing the 9mm dammage by half IIRC, but I guess the BIS 9mm. round is way too deadly then.

whistle.gif

If you find a good value just post it. If I make another update I'll tweak it.

Edit: I just checked it firing at US SF units and it took 3 shots to an arm or leg, but indeed one to mass center...

You might want to experiment with various units, it's possible civilians are less resistant.

Edit: it appears the OPfor infantry dies from single shots to any body parts. I think US uinits have some kind of armour simulated.

In-game damages:

Desert eagle(.50AE//12.7mm)=14

M107(.50//12.7mm)=13

m9(9mm)=8

m16(5.56mm)=8

m1911(.45ACP//11.45mm) should make 10/12 his caliber is closer to .50 than 9mm....but 2 bullets in chest to kill isnt so bad but meh...1could be really cool. pistols.gif

( need to add the the shadow of the colt,and find a sound for .45 shots too)

but perhaps im wrong and hes usually 1hit to kill by chest...

(i tested only it once in the armory and when i readt the cfgmaterials it was 8 of dmg,but perhaps im again wrong and and its more...)

but really good work to all tough.

and thks for finally adding this great pistol to arma.

Awesome work!

What are the magazines named?

In-game damages:

M107(.50//12.7mm)=13

m9(9mm)=8

m16(5.56mm)=8

m1911(.45ACP//11.45mm) should make 10/12 his caliber is closer to .50 than 9mm....but 2 bullets in chest to kill isnt so bad but meh...1could be really cool. pistols.gif

Yup, that's the problem I mentioned:

the .45 dammage is hit=9, which is just 1 above 9mm. and the thing is uber-deadly. Conclusion is BIS values are too high.

Quote[/b] ]What are the magazines named?
Aww cmon, you people could just de-pbo and check?

"8Rnd_45Cal_Wilson"

@ July 10 2007,21:39)]
In-game damages:

M107(.50//12.7mm)=13

m9(9mm)=8

m16(5.56mm)=8

Yup, that's the problem I mentioned:

the .45 dammage is hit=9, which is just 1 above 9mm. and the thing is uber-deadly. Conclusion is BIS values are too high.

Quote[/b] ]What are the magazines named?
Aww cmon, you people could just de-pbo and check?

"8Rnd_45Cal_Wilson"

Thanks, sorted now.

In-game damages:

M107(.50//12.7mm)=13

m9(9mm)=8

m16(5.56mm)=8

There's *no way* that .50 AE does more damage than .50 BMG (the round fired by the M107).  .50 AE has a muzzle energy of around 1,400 foot-pounds (1,900 joules) or more, depending on the load of the cartridge.  Typical bullets weigh 325 grains.  .50 BMG has a muzzle energy around 13,900 foot-pounds (19,000 J).  An middle-ground bullet weight is perhaps 700 grains.

.50 BMG therefore has about 10 times the energy and the bullet is about twice as heavy, despite both of them being the same diameter (half an inch, or 12.7mm).  As far as the game is concerned, more energy means more damage.

.50 AE should do maybe 11 damage at best.

i know it should do more dmg(the m107) but as i know the creators put the DE with 14 of dmg.....but perhaps im wrong with the cfg materials...i dont know a shit about those configs...

My favorite handgun ever. Thanks for this addition. Downloading it now. BTW the models look great good job.