Sign in to follow this  
an_enlarged_stomach

javelin? Wher is it?

The Javelin launcher is not in any ammo crate nor does any unit in the editor carry it. The only way you can access it is to put a unit in the editor and added the weapon using the init line. I may be wrong, but it should go something like this: removeallweapons this; this addweapon "javelin"; this addmagazine "javelin". Give that a try. Refer to this link for all the weapon class names: BIS Wiki

Yeah, thats one thing i can't understand: Patch 1.08 improved much of Armed Assault - even the Javelin. If i wanna try something out in the editor i always have to put this in the init line but why? what were they thinkin'huh.gif (quoted from the Angry Video Game Nerd biggrin_o.gif )...

I think the Javelin is more than ready and I would appreciate a separate soldier carrying the Javelin xmas_o.gif

But this would belong to the "What I want in the next patch" thread/Bi Tracker or so...

A better question would have been: Search function? Wher is it?

The Javelin launcher is not in any ammo crate nor does any unit in the editor carry it.  The only way you can access it is to put a unit in the editor and added the weapon using the init line.  I may be wrong, but it should go something like this: removeallweapons this; this addweapon "javelin"; this addmagazine "javelin".  Give that a try.  Refer to this link for all the weapon class names: BIS Wiki

Huh?

Has that thing even got a proper model and animation yet? I seem to remember it being all buggy and half implemented.

It works fine for me, following the 1.08 patch. Prior to the patch it did not work. I actually added it into the AT units for one of the addons I play with by messing around with the addon's config, but it seems to work fine for me. The AI is deadly with it but can be a little buggy with it occasionaly (missing or not engaging even if the target is well within range - they do the same thing sometimes with the M136 though confused_o.gif Atleast they don't fire it at infantry like the AI does with the M136...still...although it is better than before the patch) The only problem I have is that it can't be locked onto a target unless you have the crosshairs on (I like to play with them off), just like the TOW launcher on the humvee. Or maybe it does lock on but you can't see it unless the crosshair is enabled.

Quote[/b] ]The only problem I have is that it can't be locked onto a target unless you have the crosshairs on (I like to play with them off), just like the TOW launcher on the humvee. Or maybe it does lock on but you can't see it unless the crosshair is enabled.

The Javelin is always able to lock on to an IR target. It's just with crosshairs off that you cannot see the TD box and lock diamond. In 4IB we try to give the Javelin gunner a command bar so he can use the <commanding mode> button to confirm his lock before firing it.

The TOW cannot be locked onto a target. It is completely optically (manually) tracked unless you have teh uberlame "Auto guide AT" option on in the dificulty settings.

Talking of the Javelin what is the in-game engagement range?

I also find it is more hit than miss when I engage a target. confused_o.gif

I have engaged targets out to 2800m with the Javelin. Isn't more hit than miss good?

But javelin starts to be effective when the target is far away (300+ m) if a target is near than that distance you should ask someone with a M134... und sometimes the javelin doesn't hit tthe tank becuase it flew over it but it was far away enough imo...

I think the Javelin is more than ready and I would appreciate a separate soldier carrying the Javelin xmas_o.gif

I wouldn't say more than ready, rather almost ready. Try going prone and you will see that blocks your view and makes it impossible to shoot.

It just needs a few changes, then I think we should have a Javelin soldier added in the editor. Something similar for the OPFOR would also be nice.

I also find it is more hit than miss when I engage a target. confused_o.gif

for a modern FAF weapon you'd hope so too biggrin_o.gif

There's a reason why the UK's just spent a lot of money deploying it. I'd love to see its guided mode implemented properly though - it has the ability to lock onto any sources of heat, including people. The recent(ish) british ambush on insurgents laying IED's in Basra saw them used the Javelin by locking onto the insurgents laying the charges.

top down modes would be nice too, but nothing that can't be scripted in a 3rd party addon later smile_o.gif

"spinal_tap" already explained in detail how to do it.

Place any soldier in the editor and insert the line

that "spinal_tap" gave you into the "Init" field.

I also find it is more hit than miss when I engage a target.  confused_o.gif

for a modern FAF weapon you'd hope so too  biggrin_o.gif

There's a reason why the UK's just spent a lot of money deploying it. I'd love to see its guided mode implemented properly though - it has the ability to lock onto any sources of heat, including people. The recent(ish) british ambush on insurgents laying IED's in Basra saw them used the Javelin by locking onto the insurgents laying the charges.

top down modes would be nice too, but nothing that can't be scripted in a 3rd party addon later  smile_o.gif

Should have said more miss than hit whistle.gif

So there is a javelin?

would someone tell me how I can access it please?

removeallweapons this; this addweapon "javelin"; this addmagazine "javelin"

put that in the init line on any unit in the editor