Sign in to follow this  
King-Six

Memory Error problem - my thoughts

Well I got the game back in may, and basicly have been playing it every day. So I think I have enough time invested to give some feedback about this game.

Firstly, I hated the controls. seriously took me an hour to map them how I liked them. but thats not a big deal im used to it and they seem fine. although i wish that there was a button to quickly drop your in hand gun and pull out your backup. hate how you got to take 8 seconds to put away the gun you have and get the other one.

i love the graphics. nothing to say about that one, the sounds could be better, but maybe later.

another thing i dont understand is why vehicles slow down to a crawl of you go off of a paved surface. even flat level grass or dirt, instantly slows you down way too much. i like to cut corners on windy roads and take shortcuts through fields..not really a shortcut if you drop to 20mph from like 60.

and im dissappointed that i cant run the game fully maxed out.

the reason i cant is because if i do in like 15 minutes i get a memory error.

any fix on this yet? i mean, I have a intel core duo extreme at 2.9ghz and i have 4 gig of ram, and even a nvidia 8800 gtx with 768meg.

should be able to run it all maxed but cant due to this error. i still get the error but with lower settings it happens less.

so anyway, even with all the things i dont like about this game i cant stop playing it. I used to play army ops alot and this game basicly made me switch. havent played army ops since the day i got this so i guess that means this is my new fav.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]the reason i cant is because if i do in like 15 minutes i get a memory error.

Have you tried using the -maxmem=insertanynumber command in the shortcut target field? It removed my memory errors.

yeah i put in 512 first, and then it happend so i made it 1024

and it still happend, so i gave up. i think it still says 1024.

i never did try 256 seems like a long shot.

last night though i played for about 4.5 hours and it never crashed. its totaly random. i cant re create it unless i start turning settings up.

King-Six, if the error is truly random it may be heat related, particularly if it happens more often when you crank the settings up.

I have an E6400 processor and a 7950GX2 card. If the card gets too hot I'll get all sorts of memory errors from various games. That's how I know when I have to blow the dust out of the card cooler.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Hope it helps.

Have you considered overclocking your CPU? If your motherboard supports it you should consider it. Intel Duo's overclock easily without extra cooling. I'm running my Intel duo 6300 1.86GHz GHz at 3 GHz. Very stable.

I renamed the topic and moving to TS forum. If you want to talk about your disappointments there is a thread dedicated to that.