Sign in to follow this  
Kvaccian

Rappeling

Can someone tell me how to do rappeling? I've tried this on ym own. I named a UH-60 chopper1 and had a script run when the chopper reached it's waypoint. When the passengers get ejected from the vehicle, they end up on the farthest bottom left corner of the map in the water, ansd the ropes also don't appear. Im pretty sure I installed it correctly. Here is the script I executed in the on activation field:

[chopper1] exec "Rappel\rappel.sqs"

Does anyone know what the problem is?

The two games scrpts are supposed to be cross-compatable are they not? And I've seen a scenario where this was used in a mission once...

You don't even tell us what script you're using and you somehow expect us to help you figure out whats wrong? Maybe some more info wouldn't go amiss.

If I had to guess from just the small amount of info you told us it's most likely:

A: The name you passed to the script and the name of the helipcopter don't match. Check for typos.

B: The script doesn't work in arma, or maybe it did but one of the patches broke it.

Quote[/b] ]The two games scrpts are supposed to be cross-compatable are they not?

No, they are not 100 percent compatible. Furthermore rappeling would need some kind of object that the soldiers rappel along, so either the script uses an embedded object or it has a custom one with it. In both cases it will give you problems as objects in Arma are different than OFP objects and object as OFP addon will most likely not work with Arma.

The bottom post in this ofpec topic has a rappel from chopper script:

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....29217.0

It works in both ofp and arma. Rather than using a rope object, it "paints" a rope (a brown veritical line really) using the drop command.

Did you name your Helo chopper1 ? Did you run the example mission?