Sign in to follow this  
johnny vet boy b

Prefered weapon view pre1.08,changeable?

Patch 1.08 is a great patch in respects except it has changed the view of the optics (before you then zoom in) from being fairly close to your weapon sighting to a much more zoomed out view that, in my opinion, just doesn't look or feel right, the weapon looks like someone else is holding it in front of you on a pair of very long arms! (it suddenly looks like any other 1st person shooter HL2/Doom type rubbish ie, it looks like a "game" now!wink_o.gif.I much prefered the pre 1.08 view, I felt close to my weapon as my real head would be which felt incredibly immersive.

Anyway. Is there a setting I can alter perhaps, to change the view back, or is it all hard coded and fixed now? I realise this is probably a long shot, but no harm in asking.

Johnny.

I don't recall any change in perspective... ??

What version were you playing before 1.08?

Try zooming in?

Do you know what the floating zone setting does? If the answer is no, go try it now.

I know what you mean Johnny and I didn't like the new default wide FOV that came with 1.08.

My solution was to assign one of the potentiometers on my joystick as a zoom in/out adjustment, that way I can adjust the zoom from wide FOV to narrow FOV and it will stay that way until changed again. Works for both heli and infantry.

PS: I'm using a TIR 2 so it could be related to having a TIR plugged in.

/KC

It is NOT a "new feature", but a easily 1 sec fixable bug that came together with new feature that using double tab of numpad "-" to lock your zoom away in ironsight mode

i remember there is already post about this and how to fix it, check back if you cant find them

I had this problem. Somehow 1.08 mucked up my key bindings. Just reset your keys and it should be fine.

Do you have a TrackIR, Johnny?

Yes, I am using TrackIr, the latest one. Does that have something to do with it?

4in1 - are you saying that double tap the "-" key will sort it? I'll try this anyway.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Johnny

Right, that sorted it, I changed the zoom in/out button to the default for trackir z, and it's fine. I disable the zoom on the trackir.

Thanks for the help guys.

Right, that sorted it, I changed the zoom in/out button to the default for trackir z, and it's fine. I disable the zoom on the trackir.

Oh yeah?

What does your Zoom In/Out keybind list the TrackIR axis as? I've tried a few things to fix this on my end and have not had any luck with it so far.

Oh yeah?

What does your Zoom In/Out keybind list the TrackIR axis as? I've tried a few things to fix this on my end and have not had any luck with it so far.

I went into that key binding selection and just hit the "default" button, it put in "TrackIr +tZ", and that seemed to be all it needed. Is this what you wanted?

Cheers.

Johnny.

I went into that key binding selection and just hit the "default" button, it put in "TrackIr +tZ", and that seemed to be all it needed. Is this what you wanted?

Cheers.

Johnny.

Yes, thanks. I'll give that a shot and see if it fixes my issue.

This a known issue and yes the fix to have the view zoom in/out rest in the normal position is to have TrackIR Z+ axis bound to Zoom In/Out (Analog).