Sign in to follow this  
timmy

i was one of the first...

I was on of the first ones at the old forum. i was on a different name of course, and i forgot what it was, but i didnt like the name so i changed it. I joined on june 28, and if i remember correctly the forums opened on the 26th, 6 days after the release of ofp. The only people i remember is ruskie and a few other people that have left. Is anyone still left from the beggining.

Well ive been around since before OFP was released.. but have Had to change forums 3 times... I wish I had my real post count.. which would be somewhere around 5000

Well, i tried OFP demo in May. I've joined OFP forums on 6th July. When i was playing the campaign.

yea i got the demo in may or somthin and i couldnt wait for the game, so the day the UK version got to America(July 20 if i remember correctly) i got it and have been playin it since.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ Feb. 18 2002,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yea i got the demo in may or somthin and i couldnt wait for the game, so the day the UK version got to America(July 20 if i remember correctly) i got it and have been playin it since.<span id='postcolor'>

I bought OFP on 23th June. I'm playing it since then too. I just can't stop smile.gif

I joined on the 1st July, the day after i bought OFP smile.gif

i still remember back when the demo was released and there were loads of custom missions for it. my favourite one was called "chopper practice" biggrin.gif, i remember the Blackhawk with the side machine gun used to fire explosive rounds wow.gif

lol i still remember my first post, i was asking how to place empty vehicles in the mission editer but i accidently put it in the general forum and got flamed sad.gif *sniff*

yep i remember my first post too i had demo then bought game when it come out, and made a post about "fade" cos ii had not heard it before, and read it in the manual and was banned from forum, lol a lot of explinations and crying and was allowed back on biggrin.gif

LOL im sure the moderator at the time remembers that too

biggrin.gif

I've been following flashpoint since the coldwarflashpoint forum (coldwar being the oldest fansite) I joined them about 1.5 years ago and they closed just before the demo was released sad.gif. Anyone else here that used to use them? apart from Andone (who is the webmaster)

well i was in the opvietnam forum beofre the game was released and i browesed this forum for ages and then joined when i won the opflash in a gaming competition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Armourdave @ Feb. 18 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been following flashpoint since the coldwarflashpoint forum (coldwar being the oldest fansite) I joined them about 1.5 years ago and they closed just before the demo was released sad.gif. Anyone else here that used to use them? apart from Andone (who is the webmaster)<span id='postcolor'>

This is the post on ALT.GAMES.DELTA-FORCE, from January 21 2001, that introduced me and many other DF regs to OFP.

It should be framed. biggrin.gif

I was at the forums waaaayyy before the OFP demo was released. Only three people (including me) were at that site at that time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ Feb. 18 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only three people (including me) were at that site at that time.<span id='postcolor'>

Which site?

can't remember, it was really long ago, I do remember finding it at a games site (where I first read about OFP, and thought like wow! this is amazing!wink.gif It gave a link to the site of the very first OFP forum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nobby @ Feb. 18 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I joined a few weeks after RedStorm, too bad my post count get's reduced all the time, now why would the mods do that? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hm, i wonder. Oh, i know already biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone else here that used to use them?<span id='postcolor'>

Me me me me biggrin.gif (but you already knew that wink.gif)

I joined the community somewhere back in August 2000 and started working with DnA and Seventh on what was to become one of the biggest OFP fansites (OFPN). It's great to see how the community has grown in the past years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was at the forums waaaayyy before the OFP demo was released. Only three people (including me) were at that site at that time.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that back when the Coldwar forum (first OFP forum) had just 3 members, you were still playing with your GI-Joes smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Feb. 19 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nobby @ Feb. 18 2002,17wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I joined a few weeks after RedStorm, too bad my post count get's reduced all the time, now why would the mods do that? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hm, i wonder. Oh, i know already biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why? I want to know biggrin.gif

I was the true spirit of OFP before it was even started. Yep okay I've only been around here since sept but I was fallowing the game from the day I learned of its existence many years ago.

I joined the old-old-old (phew biggrin.gif ) forum at OFPN, I stummbled across the site when i was looking for new stuff for my newly bought game (i'm pretty sure i got OFP on it's release date). My first comment or comment that i made that i can remember was about vehicles.

my first OFP post was made when I was a sperm and it was about contraception... and I asked for tips on defeating the diaphram... got good advice btw..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the post on ALT.GAMES.DELTA-FORCE, from January 21 2001, that introduced me and many other DF regs to OFP.

It should be framed.  <span id='postcolor'>

lol haven't spoken to Uzi for a long while..Used to play RS with him and his dad alot, he's a mighty strange cookie.

Edit: Just as I posted I suddenly started getting vague flashbacks to when Uzi and Placebo used to argue about homosexuality on IRC..Classic days long gone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just as I posted I suddenly started getting vague flashbacks to when Uzi and Placebo used to argue about homosexuality on IRC..Classic days long gone.<span id='postcolor'>

OMFG LMFAO!!! Man those were the days! We had some truely educative IRC chat sessions back then wink.gif