Sign in to follow this  
golfisfun

Whats the Multiplayer like?

So i just bought the game for online play. I dont really play much single player stuff. Anyways im while i wait to get my copy of the 1.08 patch to work what is the Multiplayer like? Is it more of a 2142 style? Or is something way off?

Your question is hard to answer, there are different game modes/styles - you have the ordinary CTF, DM, TDM, then there are various COOP missions, then there is the CTI, and then there are the hybrid game styles like Cops & Robbers, Zombie mods, etc.

Your MP experience of course depend on the people you are playing with - whether they coopearate properly in coop maps (in ArmA/OFP this can make a difference between good and bad gameplay experience), or whether they know what to do without telling in the CTF, etc.

But i must warn you, there are still not many really high-quality MP missions, some are good, some are better, some are bad, but the really really good ones have to be created yet (the ArmA community is relatively young).

So, if you hapen to bump into some not too much funny or exciting missions, be patient and give ArmA chance.

like every server is running evolution exept servers like BDA which is running berzerker, other then those two maps there is barely any other games going

So i just bought the game for online play. I dont really play much single player stuff. Anyways im while i wait to get my copy of the 1.08 patch to work what is the Multiplayer like? Is it more of a 2142 style? Or is something way off?

This game shines in Multiplay.

2142 nope oppsite end of the spectrum.