Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Extraction Help

So I have been trying a bunch of old OFP scripts that allow me to call helicopters for extraction, and they are either overly hard or don't work right.

Anyone able to help me out? All I am looking for is a script that sets it to where I call the helicopter on the Radio, and it flies to the area my guy is standing.

edit: theres been an update so its alot different then the script im talking about below, if you want to previous version i can send you it wink_o.gif

the "dynamic transportation project" is what you are looking for. quite simple to use. you throw smoke for the heli to land near. theres also artillery, an APC you can call if you are closer to the main base instead of using the heli and a quickmap. you can disable all of those choices in the script aswell, so that its just the heli extraction.

the only problems i ran into were when you call for extraction, it brings up the quickmap then you click near your player for the pickup to happen. well when you click the map for the first time it gives an error. i tried contacting the maker of the DTP script but he got it from someone else (i think the MAP fact team) who released an updated version of the quickmap, but i cant figure out how or what to replace to get it to work with the DTP script....

anyway i found you also need to place the artillery, apc, heli pad, and uh60, even though you may have disabled one or two in the script. they just need to be there (unless im missing something).

other then that it works quite nicely and im sure you can overlook a tiny error that pops up. it doesnt affect the script or mission in any way.

check it out here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=768

Here's a crude but functional script I wrote for my taxi needs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if!(isServer) exitWith {};

chopper=_this select 0;

if (!(alive chopper)) exitWith  

{

[WEST, "AirBase"] sideChat "No chopper available at this time. Out.";

};

chopper sideChat "Grid received. UH60 on the way.";

sleep 1;

chopper setFuel 1;

base=position (_this select 1);

helipad="HeliHEmpty" CreateVehicle(position player);

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointPosition [position helipad,0];

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointStatements ["true", "chopper1 land ""GET IN"""];

grp_UH60 setCurrentWaypoint [grp_UH60,2];

waitUntil {player in chopper};

chopper sideChat "Where to?";

sleep 1;

onMapSingleClick '

marker1 = createMarker ["Inis_Yeri",_pos];

marker1 setMarkerType "Marker";

marker1 setMarkerColor "ColorRed";

chopper sideChat "Roger.";

helipad="HeliHEmpty" CreateVehicle(_pos);

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointPosition [position helipad,0];

onMapSingleClick "";

';

waitUntil {not (player in chopper)};

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointPosition [base,0];

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointType "MOVE";

[grp_UH60,2] setWaypointStatements ["true", "chopper1 land ""LAND"""];

deleteMarker marker1;

chopper sideChat "Good Luck.";

What it does is when called from Radio Alpha etc., a chopper comes to your position, lands, when you get in it asks you to click the destination location on the map, then goes there, lands, waits for the PLAYER to disembark (wait until all your men disembarked before disembarking yoursel. The chopper will wait for you to disembark to leave. I could have done this to check whether the entire group is onboard but chose not to, since there may be times when you may need to leave some of your men behind as guards or such), then goes back to base to wait further calls.

For this script you need:

1. Repeating radio trigger (if you need to use the service more than once) that activates this script with on activation: nul=[chopper_name,helipad_name] execVM "extraction.sqf"

2. A chopper (its name passed to the script as the first parameter) placed at a helipad (its name passed to the script as second parameter) somewhere on the map with TWO MOVE waypoints. Place the chopper on the helipad, in chopper's init field put: --- grp_UH60=group this --- , place both of these waypoints INSIDE the helipad as well and write in activation fields of both waypoints: --- UH60 (or whatever you named your chopper) land "LAND" ---

I'm sure there's a much more practical and better way of doing this but I'm new to scripting. Anyway, it's fully functional, see if it works for you.

What if you are behind enemy lines and the chopper has to go around and come in from a specific direction? And can you set your LZ during flight or abort mission? Im working on a dynamic script that does some of these things and Im nearly done except for a small problem....

I cant get engineon FALSE to work and so the transport doesnt reset for next mission properly. The pilot/gunners getout if I setfull 0 and if I setfuel back to one the get in and turn the engineon again!

I hoped this command would be fixed in latest patch.

bah this is all so complicated. Anyone able to teach me just how to create a radio =/ for now I will just set it up to where they have to call the helicopter and get to the extraction point, and all I will try to do is set up a hold way point the helicopter will wait at and then have the radio command send it to the way point where t will pick up guys at.

just make a trigger and for the activation set it to RADIO ALPHA (or whichever callsign you want.)

type should be a switch then syncronize it with the hold waypoint.

Now this radio alpha, how do I make it to where when my guy activates the radio is sets off the trigger, what do I set the condition as?

Basically from what I have seen with other scripts that I kind of want to try, is I want to open up my map, activated that little radio I see people have in it, and then have it call the helicopter. I dont want the helicopter leave when I set off the trigger, I want it to leave when I call it on the radio.

Infact, anyone up for maybe getting on messenger with me and teaching me some simple radio scripts =P

yeah just follow the instructions i gave you and it will only set off when the player calls the radio...if you want the radio to not show up until a certain objective is finished then theres a couple things you can do.

1. the trigger that finishes the objective put in the ON ACT field something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

radio1 setTriggerActivation ["ALPHA","present",true]

radio1 is the name of the radio trigger. so..you have one trigger that finishes the objective and another trigger called radio1 with the settings all at default. except put "type" to switch and syncronize it with the HOLD waypoint. it can be anywhere on the map and any size you want.

APLHA is the radio call (0-0-1). if you put it to bravo the player will need to press 0-0-2 and charlie will be 0-0-3 and so on.

present is just a "filler" command, check out the WIKI for the settrigger commands. you can set any aspect of the trigger.

true is if the player can call it over and over or put it to false if you want to limit the player to once for the whole mission.

2. you can make a script file. very simple. just use the same command in the script file

OBJtrigger1 setTriggerActivation ["ALPHA","present",true]

then for the trigger that finishes the objective put in the ON ACT field

[] exec "extract.sqs"

extract would be the name of the script file. then just put it in your mission folder.

theres more settrigger commands you can use to set the size, type, activation, text, etc. just take a look at the wiki -> http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_ArmA

this is a good program to make/edit script files:

http://armed-assault.net/news/arma-edit.html

I cant get engineon FALSE to work and so the transport doesnt reset for next mission properly. The pilot/gunners getout if I setfull 0 and if I setfuel back to one the get in and turn the engineon again!

Hi all;

TJ72, I know that by now, (15 march 08) you should already solved this but, yesterday, I was playing a little with this and engineOn False seems really not working but I cound solve that, giving a order to the pilot itself:

"Pilot_name action [""engineOff"", Chopper_name]"

The point is that intead of using a already tripulated crew on editor, you must add an empty chopper, and "moveindriver" comand to a pilot.

hm, i was just thinking, you might be able to use dynamically placed markers set at N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW from the LZ (which can also be dynamically placed in theory) to set up a flyin direction, but i'm not quite good enough with scripting to be able to say for sure, or exactly how wink_o.gif