Sign in to follow this  
Griffon2-6

Blood, Sweat, and Tears not finishing? *Spoilers*

Hi everyone, as you can see, I'm new here.

I have recently updated to the 1.08 patch, and tried out the new mission "Blood, Sweat, and Tears". I played as Mike Lambert whenever I could, but when I got to the part where the UH-60 gets shot down, I meet up with the infantry squad, but no cutscene begins. So I start following them to the SLA camp, and waited for several game hours on 4x speed. It seems that the mission just hits a brick wall there.

Anybody else experience this? Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Guest Ti0n3r

I also got stuck in that mission, but not at the same part. Sure sucks sad_o.gif

I got to the part where the UH-60 gets shot down

That's pretty much the whole mission anyway.

All that happens after the cut scene is that all US troops, including the player, suddenly appear next to the SLA base and the team leader gives the order to move to the building at 12 o clock (he says this repeatedly for about 15 seconds banghead.gif ).

Once you've fathomed that he actually wants you to follow him into the hills, you have to kill about 6 SLA troops by the downed chopper and that's it, if i remember rightly.

This last stage is a bit of a let down really. I quite enjoyed the earlier bits involving the town and the airport. Once again, all the bumbling computer controlled US troops died within the first 10mins so it was upto ol' muggins here to save the day solo again icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, well I'm playing as the Spec Ops guy, and the infantry squad that comes to rescue me and Charlie Brown here doesn't even bat an eye at us. So are you saying that the mission has no win condition?

Haha - man, you should have seen the look on my face when I saw 2 HMGs and BMP2 blocking the road to the airport.

Several seconds later, both '113s up in smoke, 20 US KIA. Whoever was in command and decided to send M113s up against BMP2s/Shilkas should have been marched off and shot.

Still, nothing like a little bit of lone wolfing.

What I did was I rushed to the gate, saved, killed an RPG guy, picked off the two AA guys, picked up the RPG, blew up the Shilka, took the SA-7s, shot down the Ka-50, and tubed the BMP. By that time, my entire squad was eliminated.

I played as Mike Lambert whenever I could, but when I got to the part where the UH-60 gets shot down, I meet up with the infantry squad, but no cutscene begins.

I just tried the last part of the mission with that Lambert guy to check.

When it gets to the chopper cut scene the game throws up an error, but still goes through to the next stage: stuck in the hills with the pilot defending against incomine SLAs. So in your version do you circle the base in the chopper then get shot down, THEN meet up with the infantry squad? That sounds more like the other guys' route. try playing as the guy on the right, then playing as lambert. worth a go.

Had a couple of goes but didn't actually complete it - the pilot is useless and you quickly wind up in forest warfare against about 7 or 8 guys. If you try and leg it the game warns you that you have 5 seconds to return to the battlefield!!!

Yeah, I fly circles around the base blowing things up, then get shot down by a guy from the mountains in a cutscene. The pilot and I escape into the church ruin right after I regain control of my character, and I manage to protect the pilot.

I first played as the other guy, but I got to the part where you go into the hills and kill a bunch of guys, one of them carrying the KSVK. Then the mission hit a brick wall again.

I have a dead end after defending the pilot as specop, too. Probably as always missions are broken after new patches. confused_o.gif

Though I've never played the mission that far before 1.08. Can't tell you if it finished before.

Guest Ti0n3r
Which part?

There part where Lamber is dropped off by a UH60 close to a base. The cutsceene never ended for me >_<

Finished this last night. I forget which character I played at the end, but we started near a base then had to go to the downed helicopter. Once there, there's a firefight and much like everyone else nothing happened.

The trouble was (for me at least)  one of the enemy AI decides to run off - and like some OFP missions - the mission won't end until ALL enemies are dead thereby meeting the missions parameters.

I found my last enemy by walking past the downed helicopter until I had a text warning that I was leaving the mission area, then running around near the top of the mountain  until I was shot. The death camera showed me where he was hiding.

My advice - once you've beaten all enemies at the helicopter crash site, save your game. Then put the game on 4x speed and run around the area until your shot and watch the death camera to see where the last enemy is.

This is one of most frustrating things in ArmA's missions. All it takes is one enemy AI to run off and survive and the mission won't end. And trying to find that enemy with the game area of Sahrani can be a nightmare.

could be easily fixed by BIS by using "this allowfleing 0" in the init lines of the groups in question

Both teams in forest have disabled fleeing - see dsl.sqf, line 122.

If I'm thinking about the right mission, this is the one where at some point you're in a M113 and your squad gets dropped off to clear the airfield.  I had a really hard time with this because I was trying to make enough progress to give my squad a fighting chance, they were getting wiped out faster than you can blink an eye.  

I ended up realizing that the only hope was to get the helo before it takes off.  I ended up succeeding pretty nicely.  When you get dropped off, run towards the helo (on the left side of that fence) until you see the enemy squad in the distance, then go prone and take them out.  I lucked out and had an RPG soldier come from the gate and I dropped him at point blank range, then took his RPG.  Then, hop on that motorcycle near the gate and speed towards the hangar.  Get off near that sandbag emplacement and if you're quick enough, you can shoot the helo's pilot on the ground before he ever gets in the helo.  If you do this, you can take your time cleaning up around you and not be pressed for time since the helo and shilka aren't going anywhere.

The dirt bike is the key though.  By the way, I still wasn't able to do it without having the whole squad get wiped out.  They just simply would not stop running carelessly into the open and getting shot, not to mention having the M113's stupidly get blow up.