Sign in to follow this  
Mr Guarnere

Patching the game problem

Ever since installing the game for the first time I had errors applying the patches. I get the xdelta3 error thing when it runs.

Does anyone know how to actually fix this? Because Im having to 'Ignore' these errors when it installs, but the the actual game dont work. Why is there always a mismatch between the patch and the file on my PC?

I've reinstalled the game, re-downloaded the patches and still it doesnt match. I've managed to kind of solve it - I unzipped the original files from the CD directly to the AddOns folder in C:\ARMA, and that kind of fixed the 'Checking' stage, but when it actually got to updating it broke again.

Can anyone help at all?

I've actually managed to find a fix for the patching problem - I managed to get it up to 1.5 so far and Im working on 1.8 - Im having seperate issues with my PC that Im trying to sort out so I cant really do it atm.

I dont really have time now, but if anyone wants me to post how I did it let me know - this is to fix the 'Error found in \air.pbo (x1234567! = c7654321)' problem that people are getting. It takes a bit of time (30 - 40min) and means you have to reinstall your game and edit registries, but it worked for me.

So, if anyone wants a fix, post here.

i installed arma

(just after bough it)

first crash on desktop

wait for 1.7 beta

so i do original euro version from the cd + all updates and icaugh the same message as u during one update ...

same for 1.8 (was for building.pbo ...)

uninstall all

install from cd + 1.5+1.8

worked for me and no more update errors ...

I had a plain unmodified 1.05 version. I tried to update to 1.08 to no avail (air.pbo or air3.pbo thing, can't remember exactly).

I optimistically uninstalled, reinstalled from the DVD (505 edition), then, when i tried to patch from the original patcher i had already successfully used (1.05) a few months ago i got the error with air.pbo...

now stuck with a working but outdated out of the box 1.04 version.

I have tried downloading the patch several times from several sources, reinstalled countless times and i always get the same error... Needless to say i am no longer trying hard to reinstall, i am just a bit frustrated and i don't play ArmA any longer. One day, maybe...

@ June 18 2007,01:25)]Please... SHOOT !

Lol I promise I'll do it tomorrow evening, I keep forgetting - working too hard. Its 00:15 here atm so I'll post tomorrow. Just remember, it got me to 1.5 so far, not 1.8. Im still kinda working on that.

Ok to get my game patched to 1.5 I did the following:

1) Uninstall the game and remove any files/folders associated with it. These files can be found in:

C:/Program Files,

C:/Documents and Settings/'Your Login'/Local Settings/Application Data/ARMA

C:/My Documents

2) For the advanced users who know what they are doing I removed the registries - search for ARMA and Bohemia and just remove it all.

3) Reinstall the game and just leave it.

4) Run the patch. If you get a mismatch error at the 'Checking..' stage unzip the original file from the CD (ARMA/AddOns) folder into your games directory on your PC and overwrite it. Keep doing it until you get through the checking stage without an error. It should work 1st time tho with no error.

5) If you get a 'Cannot update file...' error then you need to go into your /Program Files/ARMA/AddOns folder and delete the .TMP version of the file that is trying to be update. Go back to the patch and click RETRY. Keep doing this until it does it - took 6 times for me on 1 file.

Important thing to remember is try not to run any programs in the background.

The way the patch works is it unzipps a .UPD file which is the update for the file you already have. It then creates a .TMP file in the same directory and then merges the 2 files together to create the .PBO file.

For some reason the .TMP file creating can get interrupted and all you need to do like I said above is delete the .TMP file and hit retry for the file to be re-created.

Thats it :-)

Now I've tried this with 1.8 but it didnt work :-(

Im currently in the process of trying something else and I'll let you guys know if it works.

Mr Guarnere, I got the reason, why the way you got it to

work to patch up to 1.05 (good solution, btw! )

does *not* work the same way with 1.08.

-

I want to add, that under 'normal' circumstances, you do

*not* need to carry out step 1 and 2 of your solution, thus

only losing all of your custom keysettings and everything

in your players profile. Thats a real pain in the A...

--

Please read about it below and then retry. At least, you should get

a little further in the process;..if not get it done finally. smile_o.gif

---

However;..you should thoroughly checkup your machine, why

it is corrupting files in the first place, while patching. imo.

If you need to repeat the copy/patching process *that*

many times, something is clearly fishy...

(use MemTest, Prime95, Orthos to checkup RAM/sharp settings/

overheating and Winsfv for transfer/CRC errors check)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=405

Quote[/b] ]Just decompress pbo-s that you have errors from your DVD to addons directory where ARMA is installed before patching.Use winrar it's more reliable than others.

This solution will work *only*, if you patch up to 1.05, but will

not work if you are patching from 1.05 > 1.08.

Reason beeing, 1.08 is dependant on *already* patched to 1.05

.pbo files (see readme of 1.08) and if you just copy back

1.00 ~ 1.04 files, you will see .pbo errors as well.

(assumed content[1.05] does not match; you will see the same

error codes as if the files were corrupt)

So, the best way would be to patch up to 1.05 (Euro only)

and once this project finishes *errorfree* > do an complete

backup of ArmA folder 1.05.

From *this* folder, copy back any already patched 1.05 .pbo files,

if something goes wrong with 1.08 patching.

---

Edit: I just remembered, there are 'bi.bisign' (?) files for each

.pbo files (i.e.: ui.pbo.bi.bisign)

I am not sure, if those are patched as well [i assume] so it

is best to always copy *both* files back; i.e.

ui.pbo and ui.pbo.bi.bisign

---

Apart from that, test your system, if it can operate 'bytecorrect'

at all;...just create some really large archive files

(Winrar, ect. 200-300MB each) and then *Winsfv* those archives;..

copy over to other drive/folder and again, check via Winsfv, if copied files are still valid.

Of course, there are some other ways to make sure of

valid, non-corruptive operation of your PC.

ArmAs patching process just points out underlying weaknesses,

thats all.

thanx all,

I had tried this way of directly unpacking the gz files off the DVD, but for some reasons there was always a point where one pbo would still not work. I still gave it a chance and it worked, this time ! Don't ask why.

So now i am back to the same situation i was before 1.08 was released as of course 1.08 still refuses to patch.

I have tested with sfv and large archives (both made sfv files for archives and content ) moved them and tested again, and it worked fine. sooo... well... i don't know. I'll try with even larger archives and several times, maybe errors will occur :\

Mr Guarnere i think i know what the problem is i had he same error with my buildings.pbo when trying to pacth the european version of the game to 1.05 and 1.08 the problem is not that hard to fix, it seems to me that when originaly patched the game i was using my old dvd drive to install the game (installed as usual but once patching the patches would show errors) but once i installed a new dvd it all patched up perfectly thru both patches so just check your dvd drive and see if its not that, i can garentee it is that whats causing your problem. but make sure you do a fresh re-install before patching

I found kind of a fix to patch it to 1.8.

All you need is a second computer/laptop that can patch the game with no errors :-p I have a laptop that cant actually run the game, but I installed the game and patched it fine to 1.8. Then I copied all of the files from the ARMA folder and pasted them onto my PC that can run it. Because the game is already patched to 1.5 on the PC all the registries are there already, all the game needs is the newest files.

Other than this, I dont have any other fix, sorry.

I to had 1.05 installed and got messages about .pbo files when trying to install 1.08. The only way for me was to totally uninstall Arma, then i downloaded 1.05 and 1.08 from gamershell.com and voila! No problemo installing. Maybe there are corrupted patches circulating or maybe there was remnants of the 1.05 beta that i tried earlier. Strange indeed!

I've done it all 10000 x times, spend 3 weeks.

This kind of crap keep appearing when patching,

both 1.05 and 1.08:

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=06f60065)

Don't worry, i've done it all. I've checked it all. Nothing works.

I'll grab my ak-47...

I've done it all 10000 x times, spend 3 weeks.

This kind of crap keep appearing when patching,

both 1.05 and 1.08:

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=06f60065)

Don't worry, i've done it all. I've checked it all. Nothing works.

I'll grab my ak-47...

Drop your computer by the window.. or play another game :P

All those complains about everything becomes annoying :P

I nothing works and if you still have corrupted files when patching.. it's certainly a problem with your crappy computer or you hard-drive... During your 3 weeks of pain... you tried to reinstall your computer? to check your HD partitions ? or other ? Certainly not.. so...