Sign in to follow this  
revenicus

stubborn soldiers always return to patrol

I have soldiers on a patrol cycle. When a certain event happens they need to go investigate. I can't use waypoints because they are 2 different places and I can't make branched waypoints based on triggers(that i know of)

So I have invisible markers and have my guys doMove to their location after deleting the waypoints.

the problem is, once the waypoints are deleted and they arrive at their destination, they return to the waypoint that they were headed to when the event was triggered. once they arrive, they stop, because the waypoints were deleted, but they insist on going back to where they were going..

I tried a doStop after the waypoints were deleted, but that didn't help. any ideas?

Heh, sounds like a "feature" left over from OFP. I presume this is for SP?

Why can't you use one switch trigger for the first location and one for the following one?

this is for a MP mission. the reason I can't use waypoints is because their behaviour can't be linear. they have to move to a location based on events.

I would just use doMove with triggers on doMove markers. but the problem is soldiers always run when its doMove no matter what speed mode they are set to. cant get them to slow down

Move a marker to the place of action when needed and simply move the waypoint ?

setWPPos

On activation of the event you could have a script running that sets the appropriate combatmode and back if needed after some time.

setWPPos isn't working. I make a trigger that changes the 2nd waypoint in a 2 waypoint cycle. and nothing happens :/

well the problem is that it doesn't change the waypoint dynamically. if the troops are already on their way, they have to go to the point till they see any change, that kinda sucks. So i can't have troops spontaneously go places if they are in patrols

EDIT:

its cool, what im going to do is use 'move'. and just make triggers based on these