Sign in to follow this  
RyanM

Screen flashing white

Hello,

When I play ArmA the screen starts flashing white. It did that on v1.5, the 1.7 beta, and on the latest 1.8.

My PC....

CPU: Intel Core 2 Due 6700

RAM: 2.00 GB DDR2 RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2; version: 158.24 (Release Date: June 1, 2007)

DirectX: DirectX 10

Anyone have any ideas?

The screen starts flashing white when the look in the direction of the sun, and then it stays flashing.

I guess I will have to play the game with out looking in the direction of the sun, until I can find a fix. mad_o.gif

Downloaded and tried the Forceware 160.04 drivers from www.guru3d.com, but it did not work.

No one has any ideas for me?

1.08 screwed up the contrast.. it looks like your on the sun now.. besides that it crashes every 5 minutes, but thats not new

I am getting this also. Very annoying. Was just checking to see if anyone else was experiencing it.

Greetings,

I had the same issue.  Flashing white screen (enough to give you a headache real quick), screen goes to black, or textures change to a very dark with light details.  Looking away from the sun would clear it up until you looked again towards the sun.

I found that this only occured while in SLI mode.  Staying in single GPU mode worked.  Of course, I wanted to try it in SLI mode.  I found, today, that when I enable SLI, I need to enable vertical sync.  The problem went away on my system (2 - 8800GTX)

Let me know what you find.

btw: A few of use are going to play today around 1pm PST. One got a new joystick and we are going to mess around with flying the helicopters better. If you are interested, and want assistance troubleshooting your flashing issue, find us on Teamspeak at digitalthemepark.servegame.com

I would except that I get Crashes to Desktop anytime I try campaign or multiplayer...this game is for the most part unplayable for me and I wish I didn't waste the money on such horrible workmanship. However the game does look beautiful in training and armory but how far can that get me!? I'm missing out on 90% of thegame

Thanks

@ th OP,

the only time I see white screen flashing, is when I run HDR precision at 16 instead of 8 in the arma.cfg file. The only time I see this is when saving a game. Otherwise, I don't experience it.

Our systems are a tad different:

My sys:

cpu:AMD 4400 X2 (10x285)

board:DFI EXpert

ram:2x1024 Mushkin

vid:7950 GX2 on 160.03 beta's from Guru3D

sound card:Extreme Music w/ latest Creative drivers and OpenAL driver

ps: OCZ 700W GamerXtreme

Do you have a spare hard drive? If you do, install XP on it and try running the game from the XP HD. I run several HD's on my system. I only use XP for both OS installs. I have a Raptor that is dedicated to gaming only. I find this a very good way to set-up a gaming pc. You may want to consider this for your VISTA pc. One HD for XP, Dx9 games, VISTA for all esle and Dx10 games.

I had exactly the same problem with 158.24 Drivers.

Setting my refresh rate to 59 instead of 60 fixed it for me...

Edit: no it didn't  huh.gif

But I'll tell you what did... FRAPS

A friend of mine was asking exactly what the problem was, so I loaded up ArmA, jumped in the AH-6 in the Armory, Started FRAPS recording and waited 5 seconds for the flashing to begin and nothing... My problem was solved I thought, and the only thing I had changed was the Refresh to 59 before starting.

This morning I load up ArmA and configure the mouse to act as the rudder for aircraft after mapping the mouse to the pedal axis on my Saitek Pedals (Thanks Punisher5555) and the flashing was back!  mad_o.gif

So I jump out again, start up FRAPS to record the flashing and get back into the AH-6. I waited the 5 seconds, and sure enough, there was the flashing... I hit the record key for FRAPS, and suddenly it was gone!  wow_o.gif  toggled the recording off, and it started again... started the recording again and it stopped.

I've been playing around with my NVidia settings for the past hour now, and NONE of them (split rendering, single GPU, multi GPU, Vsync, AA, AF, etc, etc...) make the slightest bit of difference, but load up fraps and hit the record key  biggrin_o.gif

The downside is that my FPS take a hit with FRAPS recording, but it's better than not being able to play at all...

Nvidia = nil point

ArmA  = nil point

FRAPS = dix point!

for reference:

cpu: Intel Core duo X6800EE

board: ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe

ram: 2GB Corsair XMS2 8500

vid: ASUS 1GB GeForce 7950GX2 (Nvidia 158.24)

sound card: Extreme Music w/ latest Creative drivers and OpenAL driver

controllers: Saitek X52 & Peddals, Track IR 4