Sign in to follow this  
Sir Smokes Alot

Quanity vs Qualty what is better?

Ok I was thinking  Russian quanity vs U.S qualty what is better. Then I remember WW2 and German qualty vs U.S  quanity. Ok at time WW2 the German army had best rifles,SMGs,machineguns and tanks.  It took 3 to 4 hit from M4 Sherman to take out Panzer VI Tiger tank only one from Panzer VI Tiger take out M4 Sherman ! U.S could make way more M4 Sherman's then Germans could make Panzer VI Tiger's!

Allie quanity beat the German qualty. So I beleve quanity beats qualty.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sir Smokes Alot @ Feb. 16 2002,03:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok I was thinking  Russian quanity vs U.S qualty what is better. Then I remember WW2 and German qualty vs U.S  quanity. Ok at time WW2 the German army had best rifles,SMGs,machineguns and tanks.  It took 3 to 4 hit from M4 Sherman to take out Panzer VI Tiger tank only one from Panzer VI Tiger take out M4 Sherman ! U.S could make way more M4 Sherman's then Germans could make Panzer VI Tiger's!

Allie quanity beat the German qualty. So I beleve quanity beats qualty.<span id='postcolor'>

Um your leaving alot out of that equation. Like:

1) Air superiority <<---- really bad for a tank when you don't have it

2) They where kinda fighthing Russia at the same time, and the fighting on the Eastern front was hella brutal. And Russia had at what is estimated at the time the best performing tank (can anyone say T-34 biggrin.gif)

3) Don't underestimate the the European allies, Britian made some sweet Sherman upgrades. And In my opinion the best piston engine aircraft ever produced (Spitfire). And of even more importance the Merlin engine which went in them, and the P-51s. Sure the U.S. manufactured alot of them, but they where british designed.

4) The list goes on and on.

And oh BTW Nazi Germany quality turned into crap as their manufactoring base was destroyed (Air superiority) and they had to result to manufactoring inferior steel and equipment. Also a tank is a bit useless if you don't have fuel to run it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedRogue @ Feb. 16 2002,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok I was thinking  Russian quanity vs U.S qualty what is better. Then I remember WW2 and German qualty vs U.S  quanity. Ok at time WW2 the German army had best rifles,SMGs,machineguns and tanks.  It took 3 to 4 hit from M4 Sherman to take out Panzer VI Tiger tank only one from Panzer VI Tiger take out M4 Sherman ! U.S could make way more M4 Sherman's then Germans could make Panzer VI Tiger's!

Allie quanity beat the German qualty. So I beleve quanity beats qualty.<span id='postcolor'>

Um your leaving alot out of that equation. Like:

1) Air superiority <<---- really bad for a tank when you don't have it

2) They where kinda fighthing Russia at the same time, and the fighting on the Eastern front was hella brutal.  And Russia had at what is estimated at the time the best performing tank (can anyone say T-34 biggrin.gif)

3) Don't underestimate the the European allies, Britian made some sweet Sherman upgrades. And In my opinion the best piston engine aircraft ever produced (Spitfire). And of even more importance the Merlin engine which went in them, and the P-51s. Sure the U.S. manufactured alot of them, but they where british designed.

4) The list goes on and on.

And oh BTW Nazi Germany quality turned into crap as their manufactoring base was destroyed (Air superiority) and they had to result to manufactoring inferior steel and equipment. Also a tank is a bit useless if you don't have fuel to run it.<span id='postcolor'>

Like I siad Quanity beats Qualty tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rogue2020 @ Feb. 16 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only thing that really matters in war is good tactics...<span id='postcolor'>

not it's not. quantity and quality matter also. like when tactic a becomes unusable and you need a really good tactic b for example.

Yeah like the Taliban...they use tactics of destroying the economy which is sound but the US has mass everything so you get your ass kicked......so yeah it all matters.....

quantity is where its at,If german had an billion men,and the world had billion men(fighting the nazis) then it would have to be about quality.

The russians used to say 'Quantity has a quality of its own'. Sure quality counts but it can be swamped by numbers, it can still be failed by poor support and it tends to be disproportionaly expensive.

I think it was Chuck Yeager took part in two demonstration dogfights, once flying the 'superior' american fighter, once the 'inferior' enemy fighter. Both times he cleaned the floor with the other guy. Its the person behind the machine that really counts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ Feb. 16 2002,18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The russians used to say 'Quantity has a quality of its own'. Sure quality counts but it can be swamped by numbers, it can still be failed by poor support and it tends to be disproportionaly expensive.

I think it was Chuck Yeager took part in two demonstration dogfights, once flying the 'superior' american fighter, once the 'inferior' enemy fighter. Both times he cleaned the floor with the other guy. Its the person behind the machine that really counts.<span id='postcolor'>

It was a captured Mig15 they where testing. He also did a straight dive with it to see how unstable its tail configuration was. Something when asked by the Russians, they couldn't believe becuase even the engineers and test pilots wouldn't do it and it was a forbidden manuever in the Mig15.