Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Terragen 2

Quote[/b] ]Introduction

Terragen 2 (TG2) is now the primary development focus of Planetside Software. TG2 is a complete rewrite of Terragen from scratch, and is a significant advance beyond the capabilities of Terragen v0.9. Apart from being a much more powerful renderer, TG2 has a much more flexible architecture which will allow development to proceed at a considerably greater pace.

Terragen 2 features an advanced hybrid micropolygon renderer with powerful multi-angle displacement capabilities. It has a versatile procedural engine that can be utilised to apply subpixel-level detail to almost any aspect of a scene. Terragen 2 is capable of rendering billions of polygons in a single scene.

Core Features

Terragen 2 features the following as part of its core architecture :

Cutting-edge adaptive subdivision renderer.

Modular, plugin-based architecture.

Render entire planets, sweeping vistas, tiny rock gardens, or anything in between.

Import 3D objects for rendering. Export high resolution objects.

Render millions of boulders or trees using "instancing".

Add multiple heightfields to your scene. Use procedural terrains that can span an entire planet.

Apply almost "infinite" fractal detail to terrain and other objects.

Overhanging terrain using procedural displacements, image-based displacements, or imported geometry.

Volumetric clouds or fast "2.5D" clouds.

Production quality anti-aliasing and motion blur.

Node graph editor for ultimate control over shaders and textures.

Terragen 2

The core technology in TG2 was used to render planets for Star Trek: Nemesis in 2002 (article in Cinefex 93) and was also relied upon for hundreds of CG terrain shots in Stealth in 2005.

Terragen 2 Website

I just thought i'd post this since back in the old days before Visitor and WRPTool (and possibly after) terragen was a very helpful feature in creating islands for OFP. I used it in combination with wrpedit all the time and I thought some people might still have an interest in it for either OFP/ArmA related reasons or for other reasons.

yeah, the Terragen programs are really useful, i made my sig with the old one. btw thx for the link and the news. smile_o.gif

As far as I can see, it has no erosion simulation capability, only fractals?

I used the programm lately for developing a little render scene for a physics project...

version 2.0 looks amazing smile_o.gif

As far as I can see, it has no erosion simulation capability, only fractals?

I think the old one did... or atlest I thought it did. I don't think they would take it out. I haven't had a chance to look at the program really because of work so im not sure.