Sign in to follow this  
GiLaN

Mission working on a local server

Hello everybody, it's me again.

I've tried to modify an Arma campaing mission, to make it playable in MP. The mission is M17TheCamp_S08.

I played it on my local server, creating myself a server to test my mission. It worked well, no problem.

Then, I decided to upload it on my team's dedicated server. For those who don't know the mission, it's simple. The role of the player was to cover engineers while they were suppose to build a small camp, and defensive buildings.

The trouble is that when the game begins, all the buildings are already....built.

Then objectives are completed prematurely.

I don't know what to do except starting from scratch sad_o.gif

Maybe you can help me and explain to me how to solve this problem.

Thank you notworthy.gif

I don't currently have access to the mission because I'm at work, though I would assume the problem lies with the script locality in multiplayer.

I might have a look at it later on (when I get home from work... in about 3 hours... confused_o.gif ). If it's not too much work, I can make it MP compatible for you.

Of course it is not.

You know what, I'll upload my modified .pbo on a ftp where you can download it and take a look.

Thank you for your help mate notworthy.gif

Bad news mate, the mission is suffering from the good old MP locality bug for static objects. I think I could try and write a workaround for that, but it would take far longer than I have time at the moment.

Unfortunately, I don't have pretty much time either sad_o.gif

Besides, i'm a noob at editing, I'll wait for a moment if you have some time or i'll cancel the project;)

Thank you for your time thumbs-up.gif

I would try help you if I could download the mission from that site you've used. Please put it somewhere else, maybe rapidshare.