Sign in to follow this  
CCCP

List of bugs and observations (state of 1.42)

In our squad we had an action of collecting some info on bugs and flukes in the game and test to confirm some - here are the results.

This is a list of bugs that we have found playing OFP or creating maps. All these bugs were tested on version 1.42.

1) On the NATO boat there are two M2 machineguns but only on of them works. Fire comes from both guns but really only on of them fires.

2) Every soldier can run through the thin walls & if you have 4x speed acceleration you can run through all walls & vehicles (not run over but run below them. Soldier is getting sunk into earth & run below the vehicle)

3) You can’t get your gear on Mi24 up. There are special slots for the gear but you can’t get it up.

4) Front machinegun on Mi17 doesn’t shoot.

5) East have M2 stationary machinegun but not KORD/DShK or other soviet machinegun.

6) Also when you launch a guided missile it must “fall†from the wing & then start.

7) If you destroy cars with a rocket launcher or a satchel charge (or other explosive weapon except for the grenades) it can fly in the air away or stand still on the same place were you have destroyed it.

8) Ships can drive on the land. Also if you put a boat on the map using the editor you can drive the ship on the land (of course with little speed but…)

9) If you put a “Plane†unit & want to take off & gain speed ~150 it begins to get damage.

10) If you eject from a plane or heli on the height below 100 meters parachute begins to burn (smoke comes from it) & when he falls dead (killed in the air on from the damage taken from hitting the ground) (every paratrooper & that who have ejected from the height above 100 meters) he didn’t stop flying (flying in the air like he didn’t land)

11) If you somebody wants to get in cargo to UAZ or jeep he will get to the car through the front door.

12) If you run into the tree it will damage all your wheels.

13) Vehicles can drive onto the walls & abrupt hells. Also people can do so.

14) If you try to get down from an abrupt hell you body stretch. If you will run straightly the soldier will lie down but if you run not straight (sorry I have forgotten how it will be on English J) the soldier would run normally

15) The door in cars & infantry carrier (including BRDM) don’t open.

16) AI can’t sit down (only lie) in battle.

17) There is no water in the game. Just the texture which is like water. Also soldiers can’t swim & breath in water for a some time (they breath in water for 4-5 second & then die)

18) If you shoot in the SCUD wheel the glass will break.

19) Sniper camouflage is going right through the roof in some vehicles.

20) When you’re swimming in M133 or BMP (BMP2) in cargo or a driver the camera will get out from a car like you’re sitting on the vehicle.

21) Gunner in Jeep with machinegun or East boat can rotate 3600 & his legs can be on other soldier on in air.

22) Repair depot doesn’t repair.

23) If you destroy the tower on a tank the crew can survive. Also the other part of the tank are like new (not black as it becomes when you get damage). Also if you put the crew’s behavior “safe†or “careless†& he killed in the tank he will exit it, put his gun on the back & then die.

24) If you fall in car from a high mountain or a hill you & the car won’t get any damage. Also the car can turn when flying.

25) You can’t just drop you weapon or rocket launcher.

26) If you eject from the car you will die. I don’t know what for this option is made for ? Also if you eject from the car on lower speed you can survive but the car will immediately stop.

27) If you kill the driver in the car it will stop in few seconds. In real life in car can go further & further.

28) If a soldier gets out from a truck he will hover in the air & that fall.

29) Helicopter can jump when on hills.

30) Grenades fly through buildings & vehicles. If you throw it in the vehicle it fly explode near it.

31) Sometimes the editor doesn’t find the scripts & doesn’t display a player icon on the map.

32) Helicopters can rotate up side down in the air. Also I have managed to land & the helicopter was perpendicular to earth.

33) In the 3rd person view SVD has a front sight (gnat) but in 1st person view it doesn’t.

34) If you run into the tree on the plane or heli it won’t fall.

35) Fuel stations & ammo crates doesn’t explode. Fuel trucks explode but badly. They don’t cause any damage.

36) Vehicles can move or slide if you put them near hill. (I have created mission near Saint Pierre on Everon & when I got there the M2A2 which were without fuel (!) & drivers (!) were on the hill but I have put them near the road.)(tested only near the hills)(this also happens with destroyed vehicles)

37) SCUD is smaller than in real life. Also if you want to get in as a driver you will climb through the back door.

38) If you blow up a bomb near the soldier he won’t fly away like in realty.

39) There is no fire in the game. Only smoke.

40) Shadows are the big bug J

41) If you shoot from a rocket launcher in BMP to the cabin the soldiers who are in cargo won’t survive like in real life.

42) If you drive on a small speed in tanks or infantry carriers you can’t overrun a man.

43) There no shells that came from M2 or M133 machinegun.

44) If you blow up the gates on the base which is near the Everon airport it will fly in the air.

45) If you lie under the vehicle the camera will shake up & down.

46) If you put a LAW or RPG soldier on the hill and choose a rocket launcher as a weapon, the soldier will stand on the hill 60-750 relative the ground.

47) Sometimes the weapon becomes flat. Also the hand is going right through the Bizon’s silencer.

48) BMP & tank have smoke launchers but there aren’t smoke grenades. Also the planes don’t have chaffs.

49) You can’t kill Vulcan & M133 gunners.

50) BRDM don’t have a wave breaker.

51) MP5 can disappear in the ground.

52) AK74 don’t have burst mode. Also M16M2 in 1985 couldn’t fire in full auto mode.

53) The soldiers aren’t Terminators !!! They just can’t shoot from M60 or RPK when standing from the shoulder.

54) Vehicles (like BMP, M133, M2A2) fly away when you fire a rocket & destroy them.

55) 5 tonn trucks & Ural (all modifications) don’t explode on mines.

Also please add some features to the editor:

1) To add ammunition & equipment manually to each soldier.

2) To put a option where soldier can act like talking, sitting, standing in formation etc.

All these bugs reported to you to create a greater game which is close to reality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4) Front machinegun on Mi17 doesn’t shoot.<span id='postcolor'>

It's not a machinegun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">52) Also M16M2 in 1985 couldn’t fire in full auto mode.<span id='postcolor'>

I can't fire M16 with full auto in game. You must have some kind of add-on to make it full auto.

most of what you said either will take alot of time or the engine doesnt support it.

Those two editor problems are bullshit, you can do both. And you can easily kill the M113 and Vulcan gunners.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CCCP @ Feb. 15 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also please add some features to the editor:

1) To add ammunition & equipment manually to each soldier.

2) To put a option where soldier can act like talking, sitting, standing in formation etc.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not true. You can do everythig with the editor. that includes these two options.

He probably means clickable buttons or something like that.

Indeed....99% of all your 'bugs' are simply engine limitations/restrictions. Dont expect these things to change, because they'd require almost a complete engine work-over.

I think if this is the worst that can be said of OFP 1.42 the guys at BIS should feel pretty pleased with themselves. I know I'm very happy with the state of the single player game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Feb. 16 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">53) The soldiers aren't terminators...

They are now biggrin.gif

t-800.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

Where did this come from?

wow.gif

ya, the one thing that is the biggest eyesore in OPF, the thing that annoys me the most, is how the soldiers hold their guns. i dont think there is one gun (not even the m16) which the soldier holds it in the right place. it woulda been nice if it had been possible to adjust the possition of the arms ingame automatically rather than have to make an animation for it.with everygun the right hand is either going through the trigger, through the handle, or not touching the handle, and the lefthand is either not holding the end of the gun/nade launcher or going through the gun (like with all grenade launching guns). thats the only thing that bothers me the most (along with the shaking of the screen) but i can understand if BIS cant or couldnt fix it. they still did a good job smile.gif

OFP is just fine for me. i can live with those bugs. Let's wait for OFP2. It'll be much better, though.

As for the OFp1. It's great. Some of the bugs must be fixed, everything else is great. I can play this game for at least one more year without any new addons, but we're expecting expansion pack and independance lost. I'm sure i'll be playing this game until OFP 2. smile.gif