Sign in to follow this  
JoeDeath

Adding Weapons to soldiers upon Respawn

Hello all,

I am currently working on a CTF map which takes place at night. I am trying to figure out how to accomplish the following objectives:

*have a playable soldier start with certain weapon load outs even after death and upon respawn. I would also like to know if it is possible to start/respawn with and object already activated (in this case night vision).

*remove all weapons from a weapon cate so I can add only the weapons I want to add to it. I know how to add the weapons (the addweapons [“M16â€,3]wink_o.gif I just can’t seem to clear the crates out when the game starts.

*and finally I am using one of the third party mission editors to add traas and building to my map. So far it has worked well but when my friends or I play the game the map is screen is cluttered with all the objects I added. They show up in blue.

I’m not real knowledgeable about scripts and so forth so please be specific on the explanation. I am also looking to download a map with spawn protection so I cane copy the triggers into my map. I don’t want to sound lazy but this is the most proficient way for me to do it. I have done some of these triggers in OFP but they only worked half the time.

Any help is appreciated… thanks

For the first point, I'm not a mission maker so I'll have to leave that to be fielded by someone more qualified than myself.

However, the second point can be dealt with by typing:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeallweaponscargo; in the ammo-crate's init line. That will remove EVERYTHING and leave it empty for you to add the necessary items.

The final point, would require you edit the addon and change detection values of the items in questions, as I don't think you can hide markers for items on the map via the mission. I may be wrong though.

Joedeath. The reason it crouds in Blue is most likely because your using the Editor Update 1.02

And that is objects, so its going to show up on your map. =/

ok I treied the this removeallweaponcargo; command. the editor kept giving me an error... I tried typing it multipl ways but I didn't have any luck. Any other ideas?

To remove all weapons from a crate use this in the init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ClearWeaponCargo this

BI Wiki link

If you want also remove all Magazines from the crate:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ClearMagazineCargo this

BI Wiki link

Ok thanks… the clearWeaponCargo and clearMagazineCargo worked like a charm.

*Now does anyone know how to make your solder have certain items at respawn and better yet know how to make these items already active (example: NV goggles on and activated at time of respawn)?

*Does anyone know of or have a map I can download with spawn protection. I would like to copy the triggers?

*Can I edit the map or the items I added with the 1.02 map editor so they don’t show up when you use your map? I added a ton of trees and know I can’t see anything when I use my map.

Thanks in advance.