Sign in to follow this  
Warspite2

Help with mission editing

First off, I love this game! Second, I was using the mission wizard to setup a single scenario and ran into an issue maybe someone can help with. After I placed down the units and put a waypoint for them, when I click to edit the waypoint and change it from 'move' to 'seek and destroy' how do I save that setting? All I can press to close out the waypoint editing options is 'esc'. Then even if I set that waypoint to 'seek and destroy' it will reset it back to move. What do I need to do to make it save the waypoint after I edit it?

hi,

What version are you running?

Pressing ok is all that is needed, if that does not work it may be bugged.  However I don't use search and destroy much though so it could be something to do with not having it set on  something to destroy?

Edit: Sorry didn' read careful enough, never used the mission wizard so I can't help you there.

I am running arma: combat operations v1.06. I can press 'ok' if I am using the main editor, that works ok. Its the mission wizard that I am unsure of because it is setup different, there is not an 'ok' button down there. So if you try and setup a mission with the wizard, put down a unit on the map, add a waypoint and double-click that waypoint to edit it. When the options come up, the only way to get out of them is by pressing 'esc'. The problem is, when I do this, it cancels the selections.

I am running arma: combat operations v1.06. I can press 'ok' if I am using the main editor, that works ok. Its the mission wizard that I am unsure of because it is setup different, there is not an 'ok' button down there. So if you try and setup a mission with the wizard, put down a unit on the map, add a waypoint and double-click that waypoint to edit it. When the options come up, the only way to get out of them is by pressing 'esc'. The problem is, when I do this, it cancels the selections.

It worked in earlier versions, but i think that it doesn't work in my 1.05 anymore... Enter or space confirmed the selection earlier.

Hopefully they will come up with a fix. Another thing, anyone know if that v1.07 beta patch is compatible with arma: combat operations v1.06?

Hopefully they will come up with a fix. Another thing, anyone know if that v1.07 beta patch is compatible with arma: combat operations v1.06?

Nope, it's not. Version 1,08 should bring all of us together.

By the way, this thread will likely be moved to Mission Editing and Scripting.