Sign in to follow this  
boxylazyboy

Recieving Data Problem

Alright, whenever i try to join a server it loads on the screen on the ARMA screen with the picture then half way through it goes to receiving data and it goes to the end and then it just stays there and doesnt join the server and doesnt happen all the time just sometimes. Ive turned off auto protect on norton. Please need help ASAP

Alright, whenever i try to join a server it loads on the screen on the ARMA screen with the picture then half way through it goes to receiving data and it goes to the end and then it just stays there and doesnt join the server and doesnt happen all the time just sometimes. Ive turned off auto protect on norton. Please need help ASAP

Is this when joining servers that are playing Evolution? Sometimes they are known for taking a few minutes to load due to your game playing catch up with the mission which has been played for the last hour ... smile_o.gif

its downloading data even if it doesnt look like it is.

just leave it alone - pull out a book - and in a few minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes) you will be in the game.

I get this too! I have to say it is very annoying when you just wanna play a quick game... JIP needs a major looking at...

The upcoming patch addresses the issue of long connect times i believe...

Keep in mind that 1) Arma wasn't completely designed with these huge missions in mind that run for hours. It was mostly designed for small squad play of short missions. and 2) That most servers have their server configured wrong so that it sends you data incredibly slow when it has the capacity to send you more.

Those are generally the reasons for the slow connect times.