Sign in to follow this  
sniposnipo

Vehicle hijack

In a small cinematic I want to make a soldier kill a passing car driver then mount it . Everything works until the soldier is supposed to go in the car ; instead of going straight for it he walks away for a bit, erratically proning and looking around then after a few seconds he finally decide to enter the car...

Dunno what to do to fix this

Hm, it's hard to offer apropriate help if the 'case' is not so well explained  wink_o.gif  I'm assuming the soldier is in aware or combat mode, so try to change his behaviour to careless after he kills the driver; make a trigger with  not alive driverName  Condition and in On Activation put  soldierName setBehaviour "careless", you can also add  soldierName setUnitPos "up"  if needed.

Yes you're right I'll try to explain my setup smile_o.gif

The soldier has two normal waypoints (not far apart) :

On the first there's a dofire to make him kill the driver .

On the second one there's his assignasdriver and ordergetin commands

The driver is init with moveindriver, and has one normal waypoint . It doesn't start very far from the soldier, the truck is a empty unit, set as unlocked

There's a trigger "not alive thedriver" synchro with the soldier's first waypoint, it also resets the truck damage just in case

I tried what you said but even in careless mode he looks confused, saw him walking against the truck as he didn't see it.

Other things I tried is some disableAI or a "dude reveal ural" but no success either  crazy_o.gif

Looks like my previous post got lost in

cyberspace.So I'm re-posting.

Seeing as it's a cinematic.

Why not set up another "scene",out of

shot,with the hi-jacker entering the vehicle.

When "scene1" ends with the driver being

killed,switch the camera to "scene2".

Can't think of another way to avoid the AI's odd

looking behaviour.I've had similar problems before.

The Ai ran past the vehicle by about 50 meters,

stood there lookin at it,then eventually got in.

Just didn't look right.

Does that make any sense?

smile_o.gif

ah..Found out that with a "deleteVehicle thedriverguy" once the driver is dead they don't have problem entering anymore