Sign in to follow this  
SlipperyJim

1UP Review Gives Arma 6.7

I can see where he's coming from. If I were a game reviewer and popped in ArmA expecting a military FPS, or even a sim, then I would be hugely disappointed.

The single player campaign and stand-alone's really kinda suck.

BUT, I didn't buy ArmA for anything that it had. I didn't buy it for the gameplay. I didn't buy it for the cool missions or great graphics or anything at all that it is. I bought it for what it can become. I bought it for what I can make it. I don't care that BIS missions are mostly crap, because in ArmA I am the developer. I can write my own missions, make my own vehicles, units, and weapons. I can modify damned near anything that I want to modify to turn it into whatever I want.

I can see where he's coming from. If I were a game reviewer and popped in ArmA expecting a military FPS, or even a sim, then I would be hugely disappointed.

The single player campaign and stand-alone's really kinda suck.

BUT, I didn't buy ArmA for anything that it had. I didn't buy it for the gameplay. I didn't buy it for the cool missions or great graphics or anything at all that it is. I bought it for what it can become. I bought it for what I can make it. I don't care that BIS missions are mostly crap, because in ArmA I am the developer. I can write my own missions, make my own vehicles, units, and weapons. I can modify damned near anything that I want to modify to turn it into whatever I want.

You are completely right and what you are saying is what most of the "I don't like this game" people do not see. You can do what you want in this game..