Sign in to follow this  
Spank n Bitches

Lock up on Multiplayer game EXIT only

I only have the game lock up on exiting multiplayer games, no where else. Specifically at the "shutting down" screen. Every single time. Single player game never locks up.

Any suggestions. No results in search engine "lock up on exit" or shutting down...

Thanks

Spank

Thanks for the suggestion, only I don't think I understand.

How do I turn "off" the comms before exiting? I normally aren't talking or leave my mike on.

Just toggle CAPS LOCK (or whatever key you have bound for voice communications) back off before exiting the game.

I have noticed that under XP the connection is much better for MP (using ADSL) but the disconnecting portion after playing the game is much slower. Under 98SE I used to get a couple seconds and be returned to the main menu, under XP it can take up to a minute and looks like the computer is hung.

In general though I'm quite happy with the relationship XP and OFP have. I'll gladly take a slower shutdown for a stable connection without folks getting dropped or my game crashing, a frequent event with 98SE.

Yup, Windows 2000 and XP have much more robust network code than 98 and ME.

Creating a server or joining a came takes only a second or so on my Windows 2000 system, exiting after I hosted can take up to five seconds.

Hi,

I had the same problem, even with upgrade 3. Just by entering the multiplayer menu and exiting again it already crashes.

Somehow I never was able to fix that, after a few crashes it fixed itself somehow automatically (upgrade 3 was installed by that time already).

So I guess with upgrade 3 let it crash a few more times and then it may work... or not, who knows.

Anyways, that is a nasty crash, I can tell you.

Sincerely

Landorin

Well no luck yet. It's crashing still.

Mike is always off when exiting. Always at the shutdown screen though. I can't figure it out. Running latest drivers for gforce and SBLive on Win2k. P3.

Keep me posted on any developments here k? Bump the thread if ya have to...

Peace,

I get this in winME, locks up when i exist a multiplayer game, either when im hosting or someone else is.

I had this lock-up too when exiting MP-section. My solution was to upgrade my ethernet-card-drivers. If you got a ethernet-card in your computer, try updating those drivers (even if this happens when you're not using LAN-connection)

I've just upgraded from WinME to Win2k pro Service pack 2 and I'm having exactly the same problems... Its fine in SP mode, but whenever i'm host it just crashes at the shutdown..... part..

I can't even end the task from win2k and have to reboot... I have all the latest ethernet drivers for my nic, and its a BRAND new install of win2k... I was gonna post a new topic, but looks like ppl have already beaten me to it..

Oh I've also got 1.30 in case you ask!

Well.. I've sent an email off to bis support about it now.. I've included config.bin, flashpoint.rpt and a copy of dxinfo.txt

I'll let you know what my response is...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've sent an email off to bis support about it now.. I've included config.bin, flashpoint.rpt and a copy of dxinfo.txt

I'll let you know what my response is... <span id='postcolor'>

If you really did do what you are writing here, the response will be: do not send config.bin, send context.bin instead. sad.gif

If you sent context.bin, the response might be more specific smile.gif

Wow.. It must have hit home!

Actually I typed that to get your attention Ondrej! lol smile.gif

Seriously though, its actually a typo from my behalf, I did send context.bin and not config.bin..

Anyway... While you're here, could you................ smile.gif

(Edited by Morph at 3:43 pm on Dec. 20, 2001)

for a temporary solution, i just alt-tab before clicking on any "Cancel"-buttons. and then just terminate OFP with the Task-manager.