Sign in to follow this  
zootia

Damn bar gate! How do I make units go thru?

I am working on a map where a convoy has to travel along a road. However, there's a bar gate in the middle of the road. (You know, the long stick with a stop sign that goes up and down)

Even though the things open, my convoy just comes to a dead halt in front of it. I think it regards it as a solid obstacle blocking the road.

Convoy is set to careless and speed is set to limited.

And ideas?

Do you have sandbags or anything else near the bar gate? Because I have the same problem on one, but when I remove any objects nearby it fixes that and they successfully go through the bargate

there's chain link fences around the bar gate. I didnt put the gate in, it was just there by default and so are the fences.

I tried blowing the gates and the fences with satchels, but the tard tank driver still just stops and twiddles his thumbs once he gets to the gate wreckage.

This is darn irritating. Why cant the take just plow thru the chainlink fence if he thinks the gates blocking the road??

Id say BIS still has some AI pathfing issues to deal with though they have fix quite a few. I cant get AI to cross the Corazol bridge to the NE on foot or in a vehicle.

I figured it out.

Change the speed of the unit to "Full" before he passes the gate and he will sail clean through

Id say BIS still has some AI pathfing issues to deal with though they have fix quite a few. I cant get AI to cross the Corazol bridge to the NE on foot or in a vehicle.

hehe pathing... and AI.

Ever tried to get an AI soldier to walk near the power stations/transformation buildings?

If you do, please don't tear your hair off, because if you do you get bald very quickly,