Sign in to follow this  
TinFoiledPhoenix

Free for all?

Hello,

I apologize if this is a repost, but I couldn't find a topic with this subject.

My question is, how do I make a free for all mission? I have everything in terms of objects, players, and playfield set up.

However I have no clue how to make A.) free for all settings, and B.) Timer to end the round

Thanks in advance!

Just toss everyone in and let them go at it. Laugh. There are timers in the editor (Been so long though since i used it for more than placing items). If not create a script that just pauses the amount of time you want and ends the mission when it completes.

I know its vague but if you need more i could toss something up when i get home to help ya out.

Hmm,

I'm going to require a more in depth description.

The problem with putting any player in is if they are all 1 side then whenever somebody kills another player, they will get a negative score.

The timer I can live without, but I would like to get this FFA thing sorted.

Thanks for the reply!

have a look at rating.

-2000 is a enemy to all.

so in a init of the units you placed in the editor

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addRating -2000

should be a good start

Or, since units have an initial rating that varies based on their rank, this is a more reliable method:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addRating (-(rating this)-2100)

that seems to be a... "hardcore" way of doing things.. lol

Theres no built in FFA feature?

You in big trubble now!

that seems to be a... "hardcore" way of doing things.. lol

Theres no built in FFA feature?

You in big trubble now!

That is the built in feature. You'd have to have been very naughty for one of your own guys to want to kill you. icon_rolleyes.gif