Sign in to follow this  
stlkd

Ofp crashes after start up

My GOTY edition crashes after it starts up. At first I thought it was just FFUR 2007 crashing but then i tried it with just stock ofp and other mods and it does the same thing.

First it starts up and the loading bar goes across then goes the picture of the ak sticking out the window (FFUR 2007) then crashes to the desktop and gives me this error.

CreateVertexBuffer (static, seperate) failed 8876017c - out of memory?

FFUR was working before, so its not the edition of the new mod.

Have you upgraded your graphics card driver recently? If yes then might be worth a shot to try a later version again.

Also try the command line option -nomap if not already in use. If in use try without it smile_o.gif

no graphic card changes, Ill try the no map thing though

nope, no luck thanks anyway though.

Have you run out of free hard disk drive space?

Edit: Also make sure you are definitely running a clean copy of OFP. Re-installing doesn't take too long to try that too. Just backup your addon/mod/Users folders.

I may have i have alot of crap on my computer, where can i check this?

wow i only have 4.2 gb of free space, could this be the cause of the problem?

I don't think that is a problem. It's plenty.

One more tip: SEARCH for CreateVertexBuffer from this forum's OFP Troubleshooting section smile_o.gif there seems to be other threads that have discussed this subject already smile_o.gif

One probably good thread to read is http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=39502

So it seems (as the CreateVertexBuffer function name indicates it is related to video memory) that your video memory is filling up for some reason.

thanks, thats the same problem im having. I tried one method and it caused my computer to restart confused_o.gif