Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralKarlDonuts

USMC AAV-7

Has anybody released a USMC AAV-7 besides Tales of War? We have 3 or 4 solid choices for USMC infantry but still no nicely updated track for them to ride in.

I've seen nothing but teaser screenshots and foreign versions (Spain, Argentina, Italy...) since TOW released theirs. Does anybody have one? Anybody at all?

falklands and Malvinas mods also the italian pendange mod i think

Those were older or different models of the AAV-7. Operation Code Blue I believe included an alpha version of their AAV7 in their last release. I know several addon makers were supposed to fix it up... but nobody has ever finished it which is a shame because it kicks total ass. I believe also there was an almost finished one done by the USMC Mod a long time ago, but I have no idea what happened to that mod...

If anyone is serious about fixing up Operation Code Blue's AAV7, contact Dave from that mod. He's a very cool guy.

A modern AAV-7 in a tan desert paint scheme would be super nice.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He's working on one, but so were like 40 other people before their mod teams folded and they dropped the projects. No updates in that thread since October means it's not coming out anytime soon.

And before anybody trots out the old "well, do one yourself" response, realize that those of us with no talent in creating addons rely on those of you who have the talent to get this stuff done.

Hey everybody! I apologize, but I dropped outta sight due to some family crisis. I hope to get back to realeasing the AAV7 for OFP soon.

I just got ArmA recently, and as soon as the tools are released, I would like to get it in ArmA too.

AWESOME ROTHY!!! I'm really looking forward to it because its a badly needed an addon in OFP and ArmA. But definitely please release it for OFP as well. ArmA is great (I have it now), but it lacks somethings that OFP has (such as a decent flight system and certain mission editing options). Plus there's SOOOO much USMC stuff made for OFP that it would be a shame not to first release in in OFP for OFP mission makers. Plus it shoudl be easy to convert it from OFP to ArmA afterwards especially once the ArmA tools come out.

So anyways... I have high hopes for you Rothy!!! YOU THE MAN!!!!

Semper Fi!!!!

Oh...PS....I notice your model isn't the latest variant of the AAV7. I would highly recommend that you speak with Dave about using his mod's AAV7 which I believe he was looking for someone to fix up if I remember correctly. It should be in the last Operation Code Blue release (which he was looking for help on fixing up). But I also have model by itself here:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/CB_AAVP.rar

This model has the zig-zag shaped applique armor commonly seen on USMC AAV-7's in Iraq and the shape and proportions of the model is absolutely perfect. It just needs a finished interior, crew stations, and a fixed up .cpp.config.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This model has the zig-zag shaped applique armor commonly seen on USMC AAV-7's in Iraq and the shape and proportions of the model is absolutely perfect. It just needs a finished interior, crew stations, and a fixed up .cpp.config.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It is called EAAK (Enhanced Applique Armor Kit), and it was designed by RAFAEL.