Sign in to follow this  
red oct

trying to get a urban assault between ai

i'm trying to get a large force to assault a city w/ a equally large number of defenders to hold them off. problem im having is the attackers will begin their advance than stop at the first sight of the defenders and hold their positions w/out advancing. and i can't get the defenders to hold their spots. they either break off from their groups and charge off to the enemy individually, or just simply run away.

this is what im trying to get

who ever made this managed to get the attackers to come in a human wave, and the defenders are holding their ground. what am i missing? the map maker is claiming he didn't do any editing. it was made completely w/ the editor.

mainly its all to do with placement of units and there WPs.

Hold waypoints tend to make them stay there ground.

Seek And destroy will make them look for the enemy.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

unitname disableAI "move"

in the units init will lock the unit down and usually go prone upon contact. There is an enableAI command to get them moving again but Im not sure if its working.

You could have them disableAI move and then have them fall back to ammo crates or medical base if you set up @conditions in either waypoints triggers or scripts. Or you could have radio trigger to manually order the group to fall back and rearm with waypoints,triggers and synchronize/ and possibly "Switch" type of triggers.