Sign in to follow this  
leckig

how is the online play in the USA?

Hi!

I think ArmA is now a bit more polished and it is a good time to buy it. But... how is the online experience in the USA? Are there many populated servers to choose from? Also, does ArmA requires constantly to look for downloads of user generated content like OPF did? Or I can just log in and play.

I have the new demo, but the experience is pretty bad, few players, total noobs and bad pings.

Thank you for your input!

greg

No complaints here. There are plenty of servers and I have had no trouble finding good games.

uffff, thats good - I could not wait for the answer and just bought myself a copy. See you online tonight!

LOL it was only an hour between your post and his biggrin_o.gif

Eager to get the game i see biggrin_o.gif

I'd have to say, so far, not impressed. I get dropped lots and I've heard that from others as well. It's about time you can just jump in to a game without a lobby, but when you are paranoid that the server will drop or whatever, it's hard to enjoy it. I know the problem isn't on my end because I can host without an issue, but can't stay on someone elses' server for long. It sometimes has to do with when someone else is joining I've noticed, I see the yellow connection link come up and I pray it doesn't turn to red...