Sign in to follow this  
harpis

need help with Beaten dog mission

Hi.

I'm playing Beaten dog. The current assignment says "move to the east and defend the enemy's flanking maneuver". Now we've repelled the main attack from the east, but now nothing happens. All the friendly troops just wait around at the east of the town. If I move my soldier around, the leader tells me to fall back into the position. How long am I supposed to wait here doing nothing?

R

The first time I tried this in 1.06, I had the same result. I went and swept a kilometer or so, and eventually gave up and used the cheat. The SECOND time, however, I thought I was going to end up the same way. But then an AI soldier finished off a BRDM that was someplace and the mission went on to the final segment.

Its funny, because the mission has been changed alot since the old version. The old version originally wouldnt finish for me either, but it worked fine eventually, and now it doesnt again sad_o.gif

I can sign these experiences. At first try the mission didn't seem to go onwards from some point and I gave up playing the campaign for some time, maybe even patched the game before attempting this mission again. At second try it worked. I can't say what were the version numbers of ArmA when I played this mission.

hi,

Thanks for your help. I actually got the game to move on. I moved into the town to the east. Found a BMP which I threw a grenade at. All of a sudden the mission was completed.

R

As far as I know this mission ends when ALL enemy units are dead.

This counting UAZs, BRDMs and BMPs wink_o.gif

Oh well tounge2.gif