Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

Breaking Patrol

in the mission i am making you have to infiltrate the ramadi island blow up a helicopter and then blow up a ammo dump. Now there are several patrols all patroling the island, what i want to do is when these places are blown up that the patrols break from their formations and Head straight into the town.

can this be done?

Build the waypoint path to be followed once the loop is broken continuing after the cycle waypoint. Synchronize a switch type trigger with the cycle waypoint. When the trigger activates, they will go straight to the first WP after the cycle waypoint.

Or use setCurrentWaypoint.

As mentioned, build the looping patrols as normal. Set a trigger that will activate when the target is destroyed, and upon activation set the patrol's leaders to go to the position of the destroyed unit.

I haven't scripted for maybe 18 months now (another week and my college will be finished and I can get back into it) but these commands may or may not exist/help wink_o.gif

isalive

moveto

goto

getpos

Why don't you just use the DISMISSED Waypoint type???

It simulates casual off-duty behaviour. Read this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

Dismissed - This waypoint type can be used to simulate casual off-duty behaviour. The group will move to the waypoint, then be dismissed. The group will automatically split itself into small teams of one to four units, who will move to random locations, sit down, etc. Given enough time some of the group may wander kilometers from the waypoint. Note that the dismissed waypoint does not inherently alter behaviour mode, nor make units disembark, land or turn vehicle engines off. A dismissed waypoint is considered complete if the group comes into contact with any enemy units.

Why don't you just use the DISMISSED Waypoint type???

It simulates casual off-duty behaviour. Read this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

Dismissed - This waypoint type can be used to simulate casual off-duty behaviour. The group will move to the waypoint, then be dismissed. The group will automatically split itself into small teams of one to four units, who will move to random locations, sit down, etc. Given enough time some of the group may wander kilometers from the waypoint. Note that the dismissed waypoint does not inherently alter behaviour mode, nor make units disembark, land or turn vehicle engines off. A dismissed waypoint is considered complete if the group comes into contact with any enemy units.

Well that's very interesting, but I don't see how that in any way helps out here.

When a unit or group is placed a dismissed waypoint, they walk around until attacked or spots enemies. When this happens, they move to the next waypoint that could be a hold waypoint in the middle of the town.