Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

Atari Downloader better than sproket??

I want to buy the us version of the game threw atari downloader. Can someone let me know if they are like sprocket were you only get 2-3 reinstalls b4 you have to email them and explain to sprocket why you need to reinsatll your game and it take WEEKS for them to get back with a answer. Let me know because I would buy the game right NOW if you dont have to go threw the hassle of those reactivation problems. Just let me know if I buy it from the atari site can I download and reinstall as many times as i want thats all I want to know?? I would go buy the game in a second.

Atari has a 24/7 support number you can call for more activations. They posted it on their official forums over at ataricommunity.com

Never used Sprocket but when I purchased it online from Atari I received a message that I could download it at whim as often as I liked between now and 2 years time. Also it's an easy thing to just copy the downloaded image to a DVD for backup.

As far as activation, someone has mentioned they were able to use the same key they were given for two separate installations, so I doubt that's going to be an issue.