Sign in to follow this  
Stagger Lee

ArmA is out in the US..what are you waiting for?

Now the game's in much better shape is the time to try to convert more of these FPS twich junkies to our side.

Heh... Good luck with that one. Once a CS kiddie, always a CS kiddie, I've found. Personally I don't want their kind in our game.

I played Counter-Strike before OFP came out, but then again I'm probably a special case, and some CS-style antics still appear in my gameplay style. Such as "ramboing" (pronounced rambo ing not ram boing) it or ramming helicopters into enemy positions.

ArmA wasn't intended for ramboing nor suicide bombings... least I'd like to think that it wasn't being that the game is based off of US soldiers, and US soldiers don't do shit like that. 80-99 percent of the community could use a good lesson in teamwork and overall skill and intelligence. CS2 was pathetic IMO and I never even played it. I saw some video and decided to go no further.

An earlier poster asked why US players didn't download it months ago from UK retailers. I'll answer that one.

By waiting (which has been hell!wink_o.gif to purchase ArmA from US retailers we are ensuring the success of future BIS titles getting released in the US. By spending money on "this side of the pond" the money goes to US retailers who will further invest money into BI's products so we will get to see more titles, add ons etc.

I highly doubt hardly anyone put that much thought into it. I think the main reason was because there are so many kids wanting money from mommy and daddy, and mommy and daddy would be more up to buying a game in stores than getting it online. Plus its cheaper off the shelves than it is from over seas.

Another reason they may have not bought the UK version is cause they knew that all the other countries were basically beta testing countries, and they knew (and had enough patients) that when the game was released in the US it would be near perfect in order to impress the US market as it is a very large one.

It does however sound to me like you'd make a good business man, with that type of thinking.