Sign in to follow this  
CarlGustaffa

AI leader to issue individual commands

Hi

In my mission I'm learning with, I'd like the AI leader to issue commands just like I would if I was leading the squad. Such as "#7, Stay Back" etc.

Is there any way to do this?

Would be key sequence F7, 1, 3. I was thinking radio stuff, but I couldn't find any information about this.

Any ideas?

Any specific command(s) I need to look into to achieve this?

I'm well aware of the wiki, but often it is just hard to know what to look for..

I cant really answer that since the possibilities are endless. What do you want each unit to do?

Copied from original post smile_o.gif

I'd like the AI leader to issue commands just like I would if I was leading the squad. Such as "#7, Stay Back"

So basicly for that one you would write a script that would remove that AI from the group and tell him where to stay. When you want him to do something else you can either put him back in the group or give him his own command.

Really I dont know of any true way to do what you are asking. You just have to make it look like thats whats happening.

I'm not aware of any scripting method to reproduce every command available in the group command menu. As Op4 BuhBye said, the easiest thing to recreate that exact phrase would be to fake it using the groupRadio command, combined with doMove.

Alternatively, make use of the available command commands. hehe smile_o.gif

# commandFire

# commandFollow

# commandFSM

# commandGetOut

# commandMove

# commandStop

# commandTarget

# commandWatch

This commandFSM thingy looks a bit cool, yet very scary. smile_o.gif I have very little knowlegde of this command, and I can't find (little on the wiki) any proper examples of how to use it.

I don't want to create an FSM file, I just want to try to use whatever is in the default one, wherever it might be.

Any examples of how to use it and what can be achieved with this?

FSM's are one of the big unknowns for me. I understand they are able to define AI behaviour, such as new formations and combat methods. For example you could make a new move.FSM that will not only tell an AI to move somewhere, but how to move there.

There are only 4 FSM files in ArmA that I've found, all in the characters\scripts folder.