Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Example Weapons

Here's version 1.1 with some more stuff:

Changes:

Added slide/bolt hold open on empty.

Faster and smoother action on slide/bolt and trigger on Beretta.

Added bolt catch lever to XMS and animated slide/bolt catch levers on empty.

Added animated chamber loaded indicator and trigger bar to Beretta.

Added animated magazine follower in Beretta magazine.

Animated magazine release buttons.

Added transparent magazine on XMS with animated magazine follower, ammunition, and spring.

Made hide texture more transparent.

SLX_XMS_Example_1.1.rar @ FileFront.com 1.56 MB

SLX_XMS_Example_1.1.rar @ RogePost.com 1.56 MB

oh man.. the bereta animations are so beautifull! smile_o.gif

it gave me goose pinple,

Great work!

<s>Can't wait to test the transparent mags, and its animation.</s>

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>I ask</span> Moderators and BIS Team if some of the completed and already great work from the community (like this one per example) could be added or replaced with the originals on future patches, say 1.07?

Im sure they would give a extra feeling to the game that it still doesn't have. Without having to install extra addons, ofcourse!

edit: i didn't noticed the mags were transparent, the sun was on wrong side.. couldnt see it! now i see !! WOW NICE!!

Here's version 1.1 with some more stuff:

Changes:

Added slide/bolt hold open on empty.

Faster and smoother action on slide/bolt and trigger on Beretta.

Added bolt catch lever to XMS and animated slide/bolt catch levers on empty.

Added animated chamber loaded indicator and trigger bar to Beretta.

Added animated magazine follower in Beretta magazine.

Animated magazine release buttons.

Added transparent magazine on XMS with animated magazine follower, ammunition, and spring.

Made hide texture more transparent.

SLX_XMS_Example_1.1.rar @ FileFront.com 1.56 MB

SLX_XMS_Example_1.1.rar @ RogePost.com 1.56 MB

oh man.. the bereta animations are so beautifull!  smile_o.gif

it gave me goose pinple,

Great work!

<s>Can't wait to test the transparent mags, and its animation.</s>

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>I ask</span> Moderators and BIS Team if some of the completed and already great work from the community (like this one per example) could be added or replaced with the originals on future patches, say 1.07?

Im sure they would give a extra feeling to the game that it still doesn't have. Without having to install extra addons, ofcourse!

edit: i didn't noticed the mags were transparent, the sun was on  wrong side.. couldnt see it! now i see !! WOW NICE!!

if Solus says yes, and dont charge BIS any fee (less likeily), and BIS feel the need, and all those bitchinghead SOBs agree to shut their mouths up saying "ah look how useless you are BI muhahahaha!!!!!111" then yes, its doable confused_o.gif

Hmmm.. very impressive Solus.. your transparent magazine method is amazing.. but not so easy to implement..

Thank anyway wink_o.gif i will make some test...

CameronMcDonald: I tried the release version again and it seems to work for me, what video card do you have? Also what version of ArmA are you using? It seems like it's a bug with the alpha hide technique. Is the red dot visible when not looking through the optics?

4 IN 1: I can't think of any easy way to make correctly working grenade launcher sights right now.

DarkGiver: By the way, thanks for making those videos!

Hey mate,

in reply to your query:

I have an ASUS EN8800GTX, and I'm using ArmA v1.05.5143 Beta. I get your awesome parallax'd Aimpoint just fine, it's just these rounds McAppearing. I'll jump back into ArmA and will have another go.

Those transparent mags... good god, this should be standard on every ArmA weapon released from now on, I almost drooled/peed/shat my pants seeing them.

EDIT: Mate, I'm still getting them, but I don't think it's your weapons' fault. It seems to be a bug related to the card, perhaps it's my beta drivers, as I'm only seeing the escaped rounds whenever I look away from the sun. If any other 8800 users wanted to say how they were finding it, please do. It's not the end of the world, in any case. Great work - I wouldn't fret about my little bug over here.

Perhaps it's related to post-processing?

Those transparent mags... good god, this should be standard on every ArmA weapon released from now on, I almost drooled/peed/shat my pants seeing them.

thats what i said.. as a must option tounge2.gif

would be nice if BIS considered or reconsidered this as a option.

edit: Consider it

EDIT: Bug: you can see the bullets "leaving" the magazine of the XMS in first person view, not 3rd person though. Here's a screen:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/CameronMcDonald/Bug.jpg

I don't see the rounds fully visable like this, however I've noticed that while using the aimpoint as in the optics view, 'transparent' circular shapes of the cartridges start poking into my line of sight after firing off a few rounds. They distort the view through the optics making everything behind them blurry, like looking through a lense at the wrong focal distance. Makes it very hard to aim using the sight.

The rounds are completely invisible otherwise, so I'm curious as to whether it's simply a limitation of the method, or whether it's working completely fine for everyone else.

i will be home shortly plz way for a confirm, if this is a driver bug......god thats killing me crazy_o.gif

@da12thMonkey

can you creat screen shot for that? it might help

Hmmm... the need of the alpha hidden part is not required for the transparent magazine technic... you just need to divide the bullets in 3 groups... when the first 10 bullets are hidden.. they stop to anim... (by calculating the motion range correctly) the second group continue to move.. and when hidden.. stop too.. (anim is finished) and the 10 last one (the third group) continue to anim to the finish pos...

So... basically.. all the groups move at the same speed.. but they stop their anim at different moment. For my sg55x :

The complete angle is 25 degree, the first group (close to the bolt) only 5 degree to be hidden, the second group 15 degree to be hidden, and the last 25 degree.. when all moved.. all the bullets group are on the same position and hidden.

So.. for the first group i set a minValue of motion range of 0.8 (it stop the anim at 20% of the total sequence), the second use .033 and the third must travel during all the sequence so.. 1.

I'm experimenting the principle on my sg55x 30 round mag.. and that works well... without any alpha hidden crap smile_o.gif

I will make a video to demonstrate that..

well in my case both of them are quite visable

slxxms11bugcopykz5.jpg

(i hate that whenever i post a image link it always got chop up into some stupid short from resulting in broken link!!! )

DarkGiver: I used the split up technique for the external view bullets, but used the hide texture on the first person view because it gives a more correct view of the bullets moving. I'll have to try out the minValue setting, thanks for finding that!

I'll release another version with the split up bullets animation in first person view later.

Edit:

Le++: Thanks for the info! I'll fix the bullet layout later as well. Also magazines have to be built into each model so only the ones that should have them would be made to have transparent magazines.

Not to nitpick, but since you're doing such a great job at this, might as well make it perfect smile_o.gif

The magazine shouldn't be fully jammed with rounds - the bottom of the magazine holds the spring, which even when fully compressed isn't all that flat. See the first picture of the G36's magazine from world.guns.ru, as opposed to your full magazine:

pic6vb6.th.jpg

The G36 magazine looks to hold the full 30 rounds (with 15 rounds visible on one side), so it looks like it should be about right. I'll post a picture of a STANAG magazine when I have the chance...

edit: here it is:

mag2kp9.th.jpg

It isn't a transparent magazine with full 30 rounds, but I hope it shows what I was aiming at. On the top 15 5.56 rounds with the round-tray (actually I don't know how it called...) next to them. One the bottom the empty magazine.

Also, this picture of a SG 550 20 round magazine from Wikipedia shows the same thing.

Hopefully all this helps you in making this wonderful mod better, and inspiring other modders to follow you.

And about making the magazines transparent for all ArmA weapons, I think it would be more realistic to set them only to the weapons that can actually accept this magazines (i.e. G36, Steyr AUG etc.).

Solus, since you're using the "reload" source for the trigger, hammer, slide, etc.. animations they don't animate when firing the last round. Also, there's a noticable delay between firing and the animations playing. I suggest you use the "revolving" controller instead so it activates when the weapon fires rather than when it reloads (next round loads). Since these actions take place during firing IRL (and not reloading), it'd make more sense to me to animate them with the "revolving" source.

Edit: Nevermind, the revolving controller does something other than what I expected. Is there a controller that simply has a max value of 1 when firing a single round?

Actually, this photo shows it much better:

mag3lg1.th.jpg

For all of you that might want to see Solus's translucent magazine and last-round,

. Edit: despite that not-so-great quality, full screen will make the bolt cycle and magazine rounds more visible.

Also, as KyleSarnik noted, the cycle is a bit behind the shot. Hopefully his suggested solution will work.

BTW, sorry for posting like this, it's just that people keep posting before I can edit my previous posts icon_rolleyes.gif

Here my attempt.. using the method i described :

No alpha hide required.. so no bugs for everyone.. except those unable to have alpha transparent thing ingame.. cause drivers or graphic card issues.

Now i have to add the spring and to optimize all the stuff.

But that's another great step forward smile_o.gif Thank Solus smile_o.gif

great work, keep it up smile_o.gif

Don't know what else could be improved on this project icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe the reload animations by the soldier, but that's another story..

The only thing that i don't like much is when the mag gets out of the weapon.. its too fast and seems like the mag enter the earth like a meteor.

is the reflex still working?(i got no problem in the first release)

@bravo 6 - keep innovating, making improvements, making addons, making arma what it should be... sorry i didnt explain myself better... confused_o.gif

@bravo 6 - keep innovating, making improvements, making addons, making arma what it should be... sorry i didnt explain myself better... confused_o.gif

well from what i saw..

SLX promises.. biggrin_o.gif

can't wait for more concrete release about this SLX!

TIP: Keep an eye on this project!

keep up the great work you've done atm. Impressive!

edit: solus can you implement this effect (real like this movie already posted)

What do you mean? There has been like 2 videos and a diagram in this thread demonstrating that they have a working reflex sight... I'm not sure what you're seeing in that video that you're not seeing here.

What do you mean? There has been like 2 videos and a diagram in this thread demonstrating that they have a working reflex sight... I'm not sure what you're seeing in that video that you're not seeing here.

hum.. so is it working as it suppose to work?

read this then:

I took some screenshots to demonstrate the new aimpoint.

On the left, Solus's aimpoint. Notice that the impact is not exactly on the aimpoint, due to the difference between the barrel "line-of-sight" and the optics light-of-sight (this difference becomes negligible when shooting farther than a few meters).

On the right, BIS's M4 aimpoint. Notice that the aimpoint is just a dot in the middle of the aimpoint tube. If the aimpoint was a real one, the dot would not have been visible from the angle of the screenshot, as the point of impact can't be seen through the aimpoint.

comparative image

Take a look at the

Freshman took for the Working aimpoint thread for a demonstration of a real reflex sight. Notice that the dot stays aimed at the teddy bear not matter from where you look at the aimpoint.

edit: while going through YouTube, I found this nice video of an M4 shooting with a good close up of the bolt moving. It would seem that it should be faster than in the mod.

from here i got the idea that it was not working properlly. huh.gif

am i wrong?