Sign in to follow this  
Saturnalia

Some questions on bugs/features in ArmA vs. FlashP

Loved Flashpoint to death (particularly the Soviet Campaign) but the lack of join in progress tended to limit the replayability of the game (though that RTS mod certainly helped). Now that ArmA has a few patches out and a US release, I was wondering how the following bug and features turned out.

1. Join in progress- Does ArmA have it?

2. Weapon switching animation lock- You switch to a rocket launcher to kill a BMP and then try to switch back to a rifle when you notice troops on your flank, resulting in your death while you continue to set up your LAW/RPG-X/etc.

3. Multiple "radio" channels in a vehicle- In Flashpoint you would give a command to your gunner to fire on a target and then be forced to wait until new targets are announced before your gunner would fire, due to a lack of multiple "radio" channels (target reporting, orders, etc). Has this been fixed?

4. Any RTS mods available for ArmA yet?

Appreciate any replies in advance, thanks!

1 - Yes, although in my experience players JIP can cause some desync to existing players in big missions (evolution).

2 - Still the same as of 1.05. Although apparently BI are working on this.

3 - vehicle commander can give orders at same time as normal group comms. I seem to remember having my orders over-ride other comms once, cant remember exact circumstances.

4 - yes, RTS-4 although I have not played it.

Hmm, 3 definatley needs to get to the feature request list on the bug tracker. Adding it now.

Been killed several times in the middle of a weapon animation sequence. There you just watch helpless as the enemy takes aim and just when you start to switch back to your rifle and the correct weapon comes in the view - BANG! you are dead.

It would be nice being able to simply drop whatever you are carrying.