Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper

Hind's re deadly as hell

I were in a combat with a Hind, had some backup from a Cobra.

I had stolen an Strela launcher (Russian Anti Aircraft)

And were looking at the sky to spot that Hind and fire.

Suddenly the Hind wreckage comes down and hit the ground 6 meters away i guess and explodes, of course i died and the kill picture showed the Cobra as my killer.

I just wanted to share this with you all and hear some comments or if anyone has any stories which sounds like mine.

Bad luck!

Nearest I had was years ago in the original Special Ops. Set a claymore in a forest. Retreated to a safe distance and detonated it. The charge however brought down a tree which fell on my head!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ Feb. 12 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad luck!

Nearest I had was years ago in the original Special Ops. Set a claymore in a forest. Retreated to a safe distance and detonated it. The charge however brought down a tree which fell on my head!<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO biggrin.gif

I once shot a UAZ with a Hellfire from the Apache. As usual, the uaz bounces 200 meters off the ground. I loose line-of-sight and continue flying towards the impact-area only to discover that the UAZ lands on my tail-rotor.

KA-BOOOM!!! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Feb. 12 2002,10:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I once shot a UAZ with a Hellfire from the Apache. As usual, the uaz bounces 200 meters off the ground. I loose line-of-sight and continue flying towards the impact-area only to discover that the UAZ lands on my tail-rotor.

KA-BOOOM!!! confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Once when I was flying an SU25 in Version 1.2something, I fired a missle at a Vulcan, it bounced up and knocked me out of the sky, I was above 100m.

That version really gave us some bouncy rubber tanks biggrin.gif

I did multiplayer once over internet, and i was with someone in a Hind. I ejected, and he flew further. I told him to come down, so he ejected and i died because of the hind that crashed on me sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Feb. 12 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I once shot a UAZ with a Hellfire from the Apache. As usual, the uaz bounces 200 meters off the ground. I loose line-of-sight and continue flying towards the impact-area only to discover that the UAZ lands on my tail-rotor.

As i said Hinds are deadly especially if you collide...

My half beaten up Black Hawk lost control and i hit my own Hind which I had landed at a gas station resulting in severly damage and killed crew (my squad was in those choppers)

Included me.

Sure it didn't look nice when i were done.

Shadow you are Norwegian Right??

So am I.

HHEHEHEHE Ski hvilket fylke lĺ det i da??

Keep cool when flying right???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ Feb. 12 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I once shot a UAZ with a Hellfire from the Apache. As usual, the uaz bounces 200 meters off the ground. I loose line-of-sight and continue flying towards the impact-area only to discover that the UAZ lands on my tail-rotor.

As i said Hinds are deadly especially if you collide...

My half beaten up Black Hawk lost control and i hit my own Hind which I had landed at a gas station resulting in severly damage and killed crew (my squad was in those choppers)

Included me.

Sure it didn't look nice when i were done.

Shadow you are Norwegian Right??

So am I.

HHEHEHEHE Ski hvilket fylke lĺ det i da??

Keep cool when flying right???<span id='postcolor'>

Ski is located in Akershus.

I live 20 km south of Oslo.

[Hvor bor du?] smile.gif

I guess the only real thing that happened to me was on the very last normal campaign level I was driving the sports car to pick up the pal's when all of a sudden a car comes flying up from a hill almost straight up and down and I smash into the bottom of it causing it to smash over the top of me hurting me very bad....will be no reunion today.. biggrin.gif ...of course it was a hit and run since the guy in the other car fled the scene on foot.."L"..somebody call an ambulance.....

And the time I told an A10 pilot to shut his engine off then I was looking around waiting to see it crash if I could and I hear SMASH and turn around to see the A10 sliding across the ground straight at me on fire.....but all it did was nudge me....

I was lucky once in the game campaign mission Montiganac must Fall.

When the truck reached Provins we disembarked, killed all reds there. Then a BlackHawk came to pick us up but the Hind shot the Blackhawk down. The blackhawk crashed right in the front of me and he killed almoust all members of my squad. I was looking at the BlackHawk when he was falling down. I took a LAW from one of the dead soldiers and i shot the Hind. That was funny. The hind crashed into the same place as the BlackHawk did. Now, he killed all the memebers of my team. I was alone and i eneded in the woods. There were also times when all team members survived and i also ended in the woods alone. So, this was te right thing. smile.gif

I suppose my most un lucky moment was on a mission I made on Kolgujev.

I got a base, and filled it with shilkas and AA troops. Then I got about 20 A10s to come and just.... fly towards it. I have had great fun with this level because you can level this base. Anyway, I was playing as a Russian AA soldier. And I was standing behind a shilka..... quite a long way behind mind as well. I had my AA launcher in my hand ready for the enemy planes....

All of a sudden, this shilka infront of me, about 100m away, gets hit by two Mavericks, and it explodes, and comes flying back towards me. I had enough time to get out of the way, but I was trying to get out my AK and run away! The slow fool couldn't do it in time and the enemy shilka smacked me at full force. It killed me straight away and I was sent flying backwards with the shilka.

It was horrible. The Shilka didn't stop until it had smashed into a truck and had gone through a wall. There were about 4 of us that it managed to take out.

And that was my most unlucky OFP experience.....

Yeah I already knew that, remember a hind with no ammo is a weapon itself. I kamikaze most helicopters in CTF games and get kills. Well i try to eject right before but anyone if you do it people will get pissed at you.

I was playing a ctf game at a lan, and my driver had gotten me totaly lost, so i took over and drove down a hill, strait into a tractor that seemed to cause no danger and bounced off a lighthouse. Getting rather pissed off a second later, i got out to see where i was, when i was subsequently crushed by a falling tractor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ Feb. 12 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad luck!

Nearest I had was years ago in the original Special Ops. Set a claymore in a forest. Retreated to a safe distance and detonated it. The charge however brought down a tree which fell on my head!<span id='postcolor'>

When talking about the real world a friend's dad had 10 kg of army surplus TNT.

Thay plantet it in a swamp and detonated!

All the water left the ground and came down every last liter.

I managed to kill a cobra with a trabant. Ofcourse, this was in the editor.

I just filled the ground around the trabant with C4-explosives (44 of them if I remmember correctly) and had a hoovering cobra a few hundred meters away. Then I set off the charges and got a hit on the cobra with the car. Sadly I forgot to take a snapshot of it, but I can easily reproduce this.

I have also had an BMP land ontop of me when it was bombed by an A10 (Lgb). It flew 400-500 meters before it hit me. This was also in the editor (I was trying out the laser designator when it was new).

One time, when I was flying a Hind in multiplayer, I got badly shot down from high altitude and I couldnt eject. I smashed to the ground, nose first, at ~300 mph. Both me and my gunner survived. Badly hurt, but not dead.

On a team deathmatch (the MP mission where you should attack a village)

Me and a buddy where driving a St. truck when i decided to eject.

(this was my first encounter with OPF) I jumped out and got the rear wheels over my head pretty dead.

My first multiplayer experience in OPF:

A buddy of mine and his brother were driving a jeep.

They saw me (they were west and so where I) And he turned around his jeep and runned me over on purpose.

But still I wasn't dead, I were lying still until they turned their front towards me and i aimed the M-60 at them and hit the trigger.

Bullets hit the driver and my buddy both of they were shredded in to pieces.

This didn't happen to me but was in a deathmatch and the same brother and buddy as in number were playing, and I were watching.

My buddy jumped out from a alley and right in front of the brother with a tractor trying to make a driver kill.

Unfortunatly he ended up under the wheels and where squised even if he managed to sqeese of 6 rounds.

after he had runned him over we could hear his swearing.

LMAO biggrin.gif

Driven over by a tractor hehe

That has to be the best I've heard this far smile.gif

I had a nice one allso..

I was with this Black Op mission, to destroy enemy base.

I managed to plant exlposives, and crawled away...

When I setted off explosives, and charged back to the base (to kill survivors...) I had quite a suprise when UAZ killed me...

UAZ was blown to the sky with stachel, and had flown a minute or so, and managed to hit strait at me when it landed...

Lession of this story:

Sh*t happens... biggrin.gif

One thing that I do all the time in the editor is

make my player resistance.

I then put about 4 ammo crates and take satchel charges from them. I place about 20+ people in the town and drop about 20 charges.

retreat to a nearby hill and watch the fun..........KA-BOOOOM

i was making a misson where 2 hinds search for u after you have ended a scud´s life. They came in pretty fast and i took next cover. it was a tree. the hinds split and searched me for bout 2 minutes when they came in from opposite sides at high speed. directly over my head i heard a crash and expected to die. a second later one of the hind crashed into ground 100 from me and i heard the second hind go down too. after a while when i felt safe i moved away from the tree and searched for the second hind wreck hmmmm... after a while i looked up on my tree and there she was. she crashed into the tree and didnt kill me smile.gif i began to feel as "superman" when it slowly moved down on me, got faster and smashed me 2 minutes after it had crashed on my tree. I ended my maptesting at this point and decided to have a smoke... biggrin.gif

I made a mission yesterday, where 3 mi-17's (not grouped) fly in to pick up three russian infantry groups just south of a small village.

the choppers overshot where they were meant to pick up my guys, and each one headed off to the north east of the village, with the three squads of infantry in hot pursuit.

by the time i got to the other side of the village, i saw something that if i knew how, would have made a great screen shot.

the first mi-17 had picked its landing spot and landed, picking up its crew.

the second chopper had picked the same landing spot, and was about to land on the top of the other.

the third also picked the same landing spot, and started to land on top of the second.

this lasted for about 10 seconds before they all blew up, killing all 3 squads of over keen infantry.

i aborted this mission plan then and there.

sad.gif