Sign in to follow this  
NeoJD

ArmA starts lagging after 2 Hours

Hello all,

i will start with the full story:

I love the mission EVOLUTION... And i love to play ArmA.

I play that mission most of the time on LAN mode and alone.

That mission is very time intensive, and got a ranikng system wich is very cool. So, its a multiplayer mission and its quiet not possible to play it on sp. I case of that i cant save, and got to play from beginn to end without disconnecting. Wich is no problem cause iam

a study and got time whistle.gif lol.

I can play fully lag free about 2:30h, and reachead about 100 points, so i can finally fly a good chopper and being on rang CAPT.

But everytime after the 2:30hours the game is starting lagging to hell! Really unplayable!

I dunno why, cause it semms not to be a hardware problem.

Cause if i just pressing ESC/Abort/Disconnect/Continue (like a rejoin) i can play fully lagfree again.

I dont restart the game or anything, just relaoading the mission.

But i cant do so cause then i starting at point 0. (beginning)

So my question is

May anyone know how to handle that. I allready read the hardware tricks on topic of this forum. And used some of the tweaks/tips.

My bad System:

AMD x2 4200+

ATI X1900xt (256) pcie

Sata2 300gb 8mb cache

2gb ram DDR2 800 DC

I remember i had the same problem on an other game, there i had to enter a console string called flashgame orsomething and the mission was reloading without disconnecting me from the server. May some like this is possible in arma?

Thank you in advance. help.gif

PS: English is not my first language, so a big sorry if something is wrong. And its very early right now smile_o.gif

I've made the same experience with Evolution but don't know if it takes exactly 2:30h for me. Also I'm playing it online only.

E6300 @ 1866Mhz

1GB DDR2 800Mhz DC

GeForce 7600GT 256MB

My guess is our 256MB graphic memory is overloaded at this moment. I'm getting LOD bugs everywhere when the slowdown begins and my hard disk is getting busy.

Though after a couple of minutes it becomes playable again, at least at my actual position on the island. A long flight to another position is very likely to recreate the slowdown.

There is this tool which tracks memory usage of your gfx card - I've never tried it with Evolution.

Video Memory Watcher

Did you know that the server stores your Evolution score until the mission is restarted? So it would be an advantage for you to play it online or using a second LAN computer as your own dedicated server.

Have you ever tried to copy the mission file into the single player mission folder? There's a chance that it'll run in SP. Of course the creator will never have tried if it supports save games.

Hey will check that tool thx.

Yes i have tried it on sp, and it works, but you got no points and ranking then so its quite impossible and makes no fun^^

To make an dedicatet server is a good idea, i guess my 2nd pc (p3 700mhz 256ram) wont even start it but i give it a try biggrin_o.gif

So will try to fly to another location or just w8 next time, thx for reply.

its probably that handle leak issue that after 2 sets of drivers hasnt been addressed

its probably that handle leak issue that after 2 sets of drivers hasnt been addressed

My 8800 also started to lag online after a few hours, but recent nvidia patches seem to have cured it. So I agree with the above its most probably something todo with the drivers.

Best to restart the game every few hours.

try update to Catalyst 7.3 or 7.4

in these two handles leak should be fixed for AMD CPU users ... yet not Intel users

Will try, thank you in advance

Hey there again. will just say i used my old P3 700 , 256ECC ram, 8gb scsi, as a lan server now LOL rofl.gif it actually works, may it will crash in time, but may i can just finllay play that mission longer than 2:30h and make some breaks without these lags, would be awesome. yay.gif

by the way iam using 7.4 now and it works just fine.

But how can i config my dedicated server so that it will NOT CLOSE the mission when i reconnect? cause it is doing it everytime and its like i playing on localhost:wall:

Any idea?

you guys rock

inlove.gif

Its not just ur game that starts laggin the server FPS goes down. Just on that map tho.. We had 7 players on and it was down to 6 FPS server side. And if i log into the server pc and look at the CPU usage its like 50% and 1,5Gb of ram free. So its sumthing else and i dont know. Im using a E6600, 7950GT Extreme, 2Gb 800Mhz ram..

Server PC is.

P4 3.2Ghz

2.5Gb RAM

Raptor 10.000rmp HD

6800GT gfx

its just that map that does it.